Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Easter Eggs in Tesco

• 11-03-2010 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just back from shopping and tesco are selling the medium easter eggs buy 1 get 2 free so you get 3 easter eggs for €3.99:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Sound! What kind/size eggs are in the offer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

the smaller ones are buy 1 get 1 free, and the bigger ones are 1/2 price.

i picked up 4 of the large eggs in a mug, for 3 -4 euro's can remember exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭aidole

They have the medium ones with 2 bars (rolo, yorkie, creme egg, caramel egg, etc), 3 for €3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Does anyone know how long the offer lasts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

21st.

Dunnes stores offer ends on saturday though. Its buyone get one free on large eggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 SmoosBoo

Thanks! I picked up 6 eggs for 8euro. The smaller eggs are 2.59 for one or 2 for 2.50!!! Great bargain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Until Easter. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

This may be really cheeky. We are having a school raffle to raise the usual vital funds. Its just for the children .We need prizes for the raffle ie Easter eggs. If anyone happens to have a spare Egg with these great offers - 3 for 2 or half price we could really do with a donation. Unfortunately with the present climate its impossible to get prizes donated so if any would would like to post an egg it would be very much appreciated.

Sorry for being cheeky but im getting desperate.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Qwerty27

Post an egg? Do you not mean poach an egg?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭freebee23

Hi Lucy,

Was in similar situation last X-Mas with my local GAA club. I was organising party for 2 teams (7-8 year olds). Went to my local Eurospar store and they gratefully donated 50 selection boxes. So there is definitely good will still out there. Good luck with the school raffle. If you want any tips for getting help with donations give me a pm and I will gladly pass on my experience and details of companies that have helped me out in the past.

Regards,
    Freebee23

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks OP. Picked up 9 eggs this morning for the boys from the Easter Bunny! Was only going to get myself an egg if they had a Wispa one with mug, (they didn't) anyone know if in fact there is a Wispa mug egg this year?:)

SmoosBoo wrote: »
    Thanks! I picked up 6 eggs for 8euro. The smaller eggs are 2.59 for one or 2 for 2.50!!! Great bargain

This does not appear to be the case in the tescos in Dun laoghaire - just the 3 medium for €4 offer. I like the smaller eggs better (portion control - what can I say lol!) so was hoping for the 2 for €2.50 offer 9even though it's not as good) but can't find it anywhere?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

3 for 3.99 ends on the 21st of march or while stocks last which could be 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SmoosBoo

This does not appear to be the case in the tescos in Dun laoghaire - just the 3 medium for €4 offer. I like the smaller eggs better (portion control - what can I say lol!) so was hoping for the 2 for €2.50 offer 9even though it's not as good) but can't find it anywhere?? :confused::confused:

I found them in Tesco on Baggot St. Not sure if they're still there but if you are in town it might be worth a look.

SmoosBoo wrote: »
    I found them in Tesco on Baggot St. Not sure if they're still there but if you are in town it might be worth a look.

Thanks - they (as of today!) now have the offer in DL as well. Ickle Buttons eggs ftw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Cheap enough but expensive if you look at the price, over 20€ per kg, compared to other offers at around 12€ per kg this is in fact bad value

bogman wrote: »
    Cheap enough but expensive if you look at the price, over 20€ per kg, compared to other offers at around 12€ per kg this is in fact bad value

Sorry? the small ones are about 105g each so 220g for €2.50 is €11.36 per kilo not €20 - and the medium ones are about half that price per kilo (it's just that i'd eat the whole thing probably so don't mind paying extra for the smaller ones).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Dim

Does anyone know when Tesco will Stop selling Easter eggs? When do they sell off all the left over ones? Will they be gone by Monday? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Dim wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Tesco will Stop selling Easter eggs? When do they sell off all the left over ones? Will they be gone by Monday? :D

I was told there is no sale or return on easter eggs so they will slash them down & get rid of them at clearance. But last night there was nothing bar a few scattered eggs in my tesco so unsure if they will have anything left to clear lol.

My sister in law works for online & she was telling me that the offers have been so good they have had smaller shops buying in bulk ( orders for over 1000 eggs) off them as works out cheaper than buying wholesale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

^I think they just sell them til they're all gone, so if they have any left over on Monday they'll sell them off

• Advertisement
Advertisement