Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm off to London - What Shops to Visit?

• 11-03-2010 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

I'm off to London this weekend, not gear shopping, but always on the lookout for a bargain!

Anyone got any recommendations of Camera shops where I might pick one up, or even just spend an hour drooling!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Aperture UK/The Camera Cafe for a bit of grub and a look at some nice cameras.

Get up early Saturday morning and head down Portobello Rd market, there's plenty of old cameras to haggle on there. Stop for a cream tea along the way.

Pop into the Photographers Gallery on Titchford St too - It's just off Oxford St, there's usually some good exhibitions, and there's a good bookshop if you're looking for reading material too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

There is this place in Camden which has so much old & new stuff but he's a bit over the top on his prices though....

http://www.nicholascamera.com/

And if you shoot Nikon, then Grays of Westminster is a must.

If you are in around the Liverpool Street area there is a market just off Bishops Square in the old spitalfields market and a few stalls that sell some older stuff. One guy there is really good. He's there every Thursday and Friday at least and guarantees his stuff. There are a few other stalls that sell some camera gear there too. Mostly its rangefinders, Rollei, TLR's etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

I was coming in here to recommend nicholas camera as well, you can have a look at some great equipment and the chap who runs the place is really nice to have a chat with.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭aidan18

just there last week there are good camera shops on the tothenham court road just off oxford street if you are looking for lenses flashes fillters cameras they'll work a deal with you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

• Advertisement
Advertisement