Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrival of the Julia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Its MS Julia according to Wikipeda. Its all the one though MS is the same as MV. MV is more widely used though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 thierrys other hand

That is not what I am saying, what I am saying is the ship is owned by the people of Cork, Kerry....the local community. Not a bunch of Sweedish business men, or Irish sell outs... What happened to supporting your own when there down?.

Ripping people off with "compulsary accomadation" and having no genuinely useful special offers doesn't seem to be "supporting your own" or the 100's of people who really wanted this ferry to succeed.

I wish them every success but it would be nice not to feel like we are being ripped off. When the prices come down i'll be travelling regularly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Not again! it was in Cork harbour for almost half a year. Everytime I walked up horgans quay it was like there was an eclipse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh dear - I'm sorry to read that all might not be well with the new ferry...

I could've done with a nice little Swansea-Cork crossing when I moved, instead of the horrendous journey I had. But that's another story! :D

I did subscribe to the website's newsletter and have been keeping an eye on events, but this is the first time I've heard of problems. I just hope they're of the teething kind.

I desparately want this venture to succeed, as it shows just what can be done if the will is there. I feel it's good for both economies. I do agree the crossing prices seem a little steep, and think it might've been an idea to introduce lower fares in the beginning to build the customer base. However, just for the convenience of it, I'd be prepared to pay the extra.

Just my tuppence worth!

Advertisement