Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Championship Draw

• 11-03-2010 12:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

The draw was just made, it's as follows, please forgive the post as i've no idea how to copy or paste. John Higgins v Barry Hawkins, Mark King v S Davis, N Robertson v F O Brien, Marco Fu v Martin Gould, Ali Carter v Jamie Cope, Joe Perry v Michael Holt, Ding v Stuart Pettman, S Murphy v Gerard Greene, S Maguire v S Lee, P Ebdon v G Dott, M Allen v Tom Ford, R Day v M Davis, Mark Selby v K Doherty, S Hendry v A Zhang, M Williams v M Campbell, R O Sullivan v L Wenbo. What a draw for Ken! He gets Selby in the first round with the winner to play possibly Hendry in the last 16 and then a possible meeting against Ronnie in the quaters! Another interesting game thrown out in the draw is Stephen Maguire v Steve Lee, the bookies might just have an interest in that one! Sorry again about the post, i'm useless with computers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

How did you get that so quick, its not even up on worldsnooker.com yet?
    Doherty v Selby looks like the tie of the round, tough draw for Ken. Davis got an OK draw against King but a match against any of the top 16 players is not going to be easy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

My mate in the WSA emailed it to me. Ken's match should be the tie of the round but Ronnie v Wenbo and Hendry v Zhang should be good viewing, it will be Zhang's first crucible visit but the majority of the chinese guys are based in and around Sheffield, they practice in the academy and give each other plenty of support and encouragement.And four chinese players in the last 32, what does that tell us?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Was thinking about heading over. Flights to Manchester on Ryanair for about €30 return if you go on the Mon 20th April

Got the flight already sorted,going over for the semi's and final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

zack01 wrote: »
    Got the flight already sorted,going over for the semi's and final.

Nothing like having a mate in the WPBSA for getting tickets for the semi and the final :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coxorangepippin

Can the World Championship matches be watched on-line for free? I am from the US, and they don't show snooker on TV over here. I really enjoy the game, and was lucky enough to go to a university that had one snooker table (along with two dozen pool tables), so I developed a real taste for the game. I enjoy watching clips on Youtube, and REALLY enjoyed the "When Snooker Ruled the World" video clips.

It's hard to follow the game from afar, however. So, if I could find a nice on-line site, that would be great.
    Thanks.

c.o.p.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Can the World Championship matches be watched on-line for free? I am from the US, and they don't show snooker on TV over here. I really enjoy the game, and was lucky enough to go to a university that had one snooker table (along with two dozen pool tables), so I developed a real taste for the game. I enjoy watching clips on Youtube, and REALLY enjoyed the "When Snooker Ruled the World" video clips.

It's hard to follow the game from afar, however. So, if I could find a nice on-line site, that would be great.
    Thanks.

c.o.p.

if you check out a website called www.myp2p.eu they should be showing it. They seem to have every sport streaming live!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 coxorangepippin

Tin Cup,

Many thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Really dissapointed for Ken that he got such a difficult opening match. I know they are all difficult at this level but it could of been a lot kinder. Heard his interview after beating Joe Swale in the Qualifier's and he mentioned that he was hoping to avoid Ronnie and John Higgins but this is as tough.
    Anyway, best of luck to Ken and can't wait myself for this to start.
    There seems to be a real snooker revival lately and it's really exciting. Happy Days.

Syngin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FoneMaster

"The darling from dublin" can do it:D

• Advertisement

Heading over to the crucible on sat afternoon for Ken's first round match with Selby, he plays sat eve and Sunday afternoon. I'm already sorted for going to the semi's and final,so it's a flying visit to Sheffield for one night, but I fancy Ken to beat Selby, Ken's been over in Sheffield since Tues practising in the academy and he seems to be playing as well if not better than he did in the qualifiers last month, so thanks to a cheap ryanair flight I'll be there , just hope this volcanic cloud goes in time!

Advertisement