Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone missing a red and white 'create' fixie? Strange 'ad..

• 11-03-2010 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/gentsbicycles/1190748

Seems weird to me because he lists the hub seperatley and says "new barkes"(sic)"front and rear" -

new rear break on a fixie? has the person putting this ad up even ridden it?

maybe i'm casting aspersions on an honest seller, just seems odd to me. The 'must be gone by end of week' thing is a bit shifty too.

Here's a pic of it anyway.

View2?id=2590344

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

I've a front and rear brake on my fixie. Some people say why do I have it there but I think why not!

I even upgraded the brakes and put a new rear one on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Vélo wrote: »
    I've a front and rear brake on my fixie. Some people say why do I have it there but I think why not!

I even upgraded the brakes and put a new rear one on.

Fair enough - but look at the picture, it has no rear brake...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Why would it have new sets of brakes after 2 months anyway, those CREATE fixies come with both front and rear brakes in the first place and colour anodised rear hubs and I'd say the price is a little too near the NEW price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

xz wrote: »
    Why would it have new sets of brakes after 2 months anyway

good point. Its prolly legit, who knows, but just wanted to post it incase some boardie looks and realises "thats my bike!" etc.

Seems too weird an ad not to raise an eyebrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Fair play for posting it.
    I'd say he's saying new rear brake because he took it off as soon as he got it and it's like new.

He or she may have felt they had to be part of the gang and took the rear brake off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

SubLuminal wrote: »
    good point. Its prolly legit, who knows, but just wanted to post it incase some boardie looks and realises "thats my bike!" etc.
    Problem is, even if it was could that boardsie admit to formerly owning a Create fixie...

I think Velo has it with the barkes, he probably took them off to fit in. But then realised he would never fit in on a Create fixie... Hence the urgent sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

I actually think they look nice, plain and simple looking (no puns please);)

Advertisement