Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omnistor awning part needed

Options
  • 11-03-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello ,
    i am trawling the web trying to replace an omnistor 4000 awning left hand support leg (spring loaded arm that pops out and exyends to the ground).
    omnistor dont manufcture the awning anymore.the part appears to be universal among a lot of the omnistor awnings.but i cannot get areply from dealers. any advice or used part would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

munsterabu wrote: »
    Hello ,
    i am trawling the web trying to replace an omnistor 4000 awning left hand support leg (spring loaded arm that pops out and exyends to the ground).
    omnistor dont manufcture the awning anymore.the part appears to be universal among a lot of the omnistor awnings.but i cannot get areply from dealers. any advice or used part would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Can you get me a picture? I've a few awnings here , that have been damaged . Might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

Hi Aidan M M,
    Thanks for the help , I have attached some pics of the right hand one , left hand one is damaged where the two sliding parts mate,
    Thanks again.
    ALAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

I have an old awning at home......pretty sure its an Omni 4000. Your welcome to rob the part if you want

what parts exactly do you need? The plastic bit that stops the 2 halves from separating?

Thanks for the reply Lads,
    Its the bottom part of the leg thats damaged, the moving part that slides into the upper section of the arm plus the plastic retainer would solve it for me.
    Thanks.
    ALAN.

• Advertisement

Malta1 wrote: »
    I have an old awning at home......pretty sure its an Omni 4000. Your welcome to rob the part if you want

The awning is an omni 5002. I would bet that the legs are the same though

Hi Malta,
    It looks like the same allright,good stuff!, i will be in touch soon.
    ALAN.

Contact details sent by PM

My humblest apologies , been offline a few days due to the sad passing of a dear friend .

I didn't have that part , just have Fiamma ones , which are different . Sorry.:(

Aidan,
    So sorry about you're freind ,you have been more than helpfull.
    Is olc liom do bhris

ALAN.

• Advertisement

Alan

Did you get my PM?

Malta1

A Big ThankYou.
    To everyone who helped and especially to Malta and his Family who gave me the part and was patient in waiting for me to get down' and didn't mention about 1996 when the wexford beat Limerick ! A true gentleman .
    hope everyone has a great summer touring.
    ALAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 paddylj

hi, i am also looking for that left hand support part but gave up trying a year ago. With the fine summer this year we are using the awning more frequently. If anyone has one available I would much appreciate an email,
    paddycrowley@hotmail.com

Advertisement