Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Snooker Computer Games

• 11-03-2010 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone here plays snooker games on the xbox 360?? Was wondering if anyone had tried WSC09 and if it was worthwhile picking up?? Also does anyone know if a WSC10 is on the way? Cant find anything on the usual xbox game sites

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I have WSC09 on the xbox and think its a great game. The physics are pretty much spot on and there's a good challenge in there.

You get a real feeling of accomplishment, when you pot that tight red to the bottom corner and spin the white all the way around the table to land perfectly on that black pinned against the opposite cushion.

You can pick it up for less than 20 notes now, so I'd deffo recommend it.

Not many on XBL for it though these days, so I wouldn't be expecting too much on the way of online play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Tin_Cup

Thanks for the reply! Will defo pick it up. Haven't played a snooker game in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Slightly off topic, but I downloaded Ronnie O'Sullivan snooker for my iphone, and i'm quite impressed by it!

Picked up WSC real 09 over the weekend. What a game. Big improvements from the last one I played in 07! Knackered in work now because of playing until the wee hours !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Good to hear, last one we had was WSC 07 and it wasn't great at all to be honest.
    Might try pick up 09 if I can, or maybe 10 will be out soon enough. Anyone know when its out??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

virtual pool hall 3, is excellent it is old but the way it plays is excellent.

I can dig out download links for you if you need em?

Stevecw wrote: »
    Good to hear, last one we had was WSC 07 and it wasn't great at all to be honest.
    Might try pick up 09 if I can, or maybe 10 will be out soon enough. Anyone know when its out??

Havent found any info on WSC 10 as yet. Looks like they might be skipping this year. Might be some news closer to the world championships

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Tin_Cup wrote: »
    Picked up WSC real 09 over the weekend. What a game. Big improvements from the last one I played in 07! Knackered in work now because of playing until the wee hours !

just wondering were you purchased it and what the price was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Bryn wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but I downloaded Ronnie O'Sullivan snooker for my iphone, and i'm quite impressed by it!
    Keeps crashing on my iPod Touch. Steve Davis Pool is good also (same developers) and hasn't crashed yet :)

syngindub wrote: »
    just wondering were you purchased it and what the price was?

Picked up a brand new copy of it in Game for €35. Well worth still playing it whenever I get a chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Well worth getting it but Id wait for WSC10 if its coming out. Online is abit $hite though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

going to pick myself up a copy of it.
    You never know, we might be able to get a little boards tourny going in the future.

syngindub wrote: »
    going to pick myself up a copy of it.
    You never know, we might be able to get a little boards tourny going in the future.

Sounds like a plan. Would be a bit of craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Picked up WSC 09 for PS3 over the weekend. Great game. Well, I mean the actual snooker play - the rest (commentary/venues etc.) is fairly repetitive. The gameplay is great though. Online is good for PS3 too - have always got a game after very short wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

No need for a new thread as it's the same topic but I'm dying to play a snooker game on the PC. I have WCS, no that's it... just WCS that's how old it is, and it's not compatible to my new PC. So I need a new one. I have WCS 05 I think on the PS2 but that would involve me plugging out my PS3 and I'm not bothered doing that.

Are any newish snooker games out? I can see 09 and I'm tempted to buy that. It'll only cost a few quid. Anyone playing anything still?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭briany

BOHtox wrote: »
    No need for a new thread as it's the same topic but I'm dying to play a snooker game on the PC. I have WCS, no that's it... just WCS that's how old it is, and it's not compatible to my new PC. So I need a new one. I have WCS 05 I think on the PS2 but that would involve me plugging out my PS3 and I'm not bothered doing that.

Are any newish snooker games out? I can see 09 and I'm tempted to buy that. It'll only cost a few quid. Anyone playing anything still?

I don't think you're going to find anything better than '09 if you're after a modern game of snooker on the PC. It's between that, preceding titles and browser based flash games AFAIK. On the other hand, if you're willing to further back in time, there's still people who swear by Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker but that would probably require a Dos emulator like DosBox to get it to run which you may not want to be dealing with.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭mike2084

I really like International Snooker 2012. I've played it on both ipad and PC and would have to say ipad is better. It's has a nice level of difficulty, a good career mode but no real players to play against but I don't mind that.

http://www.bigheadgames.co.uk/game/internationalsnooker2012/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

briany wrote: »
    I don't think you're going to find anything better than '09 if you're after a modern game of snooker on the PC. It's between that, preceding titles and browser based flash games AFAIK. On the other hand, if you're willing to further back in time, there's still people who swear by Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker but that would probably require a Dos emulator like DosBox to get it to run which you may not want to be dealing with.

I posted this in another thread but download Virtual Pool Hall 4.

Look it up on youtube, the physics will not be beaten. Even download the demo from celeris.com and see what you think...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ben36

Can WSC 11 real be bought anywhere for the xbox?looking around online and it only seems resellers selling it for €50 plus.I had the 09 version for the ps3 and loved it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I'm going to be honest. I've been playing Funky Snooker a lot recently and can tell you it has definitely improved my game :D

Anyone else found this? Went to the local football club that has a pool table and I was so much better than before! Hoping to get to a snooker hall in the next few days

• Advertisement
Advertisement