Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spike in electricity bills

Options
  • 11-03-2010 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had a resent spike in the electricity bills. my last one was at 268 euro, not an estimate the last one was. averaged out with the last 2 it still would be 212 euro. That is 60 to 70 euro higher that was average. And it appears to be correct just checked and I seem to be using 19.2 units over the last day, with nothing that would account for the large jump on consumption usually would expect around 8 to 10 per day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Any electric heaters?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tommyh1977

Thought it was just me but my bill has hit the roof, granted there is someone in the house 24/7 & all cooking is done by electric. On average we burn about 36units per day, which i know is relatively high. What is the average usage out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Got from 214 eu a bill to 60 eu a bill
    We dumped everything like coocker freezer emersion and some electr heaters
    Use almost only the lights and all of them have saving bulbs in them
    disconnected al the security lights were 500 watts each
    put back one 18watts sox light back in place who give more light then two lights of 500 watts each

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Got from 214 eu a bill to 60 eu a bill
    We dumped everything like coocker freezer emersion and some electr heaters

So, you don't eat/cook or bathe? What are you doing as alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Thoie wrote: »
    So, you don't eat/cook or bathe? What are you doing as alternatives?

We bought a gas cooker with a bottle
    We heat our shower with a back boiler or oil boiler
    With oil it takes just 10 minutes to get it on temp
    We have a bath but we never used it and thinking about it to remove it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

The great irony of chest freezers is that they would have been very useful before the days of the supermarket.

Advertisement