Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for 2 kittens :-)

Options
  • 11-03-2010 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

looking for 2 kittens please. Anyone have some or know someone.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sh2

'Kitten season' begins in april, so check out any animal shelters aroud this time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galway3

Thank you :-)

Know a friend was asked for 75 by one animal rescue center for one cat. Seems a bit excessive to me so am a bit put off by this amount:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

But what did that include? I can tell you that it'll cost a rescue alot more than €75 to neuter, vaccinate, worm, deflea, chip and feed a cat before it's rehomed.

Check the costs of getting a cat from a rescue centre against the costs of getting the above done by your own vet and then see if you think it's excessive.

Pets are not cheap.

Keep an eye on here http://www.irishanimals.ie/cat_homes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

pm sent galway 3 - have 2 kittens we may be looking to rehome

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

sh2 wrote: »
    'Kitten season' begins in april, so check out any animal shelters aroud this time!

I was at the O(for Offaly)SPCA last October trying to unload a stray kitten I found. They had about 15-20 kittens they couldn't get homes for. They told me no one was taking kittens at the moment.

So I reloaded the kitten I found into my car & she's now part of the family!

What you pay at a shelter SPCA place to take a cat home is WAY cheaper than paying vet bills yourself.

I've to spend 105 euro just to get kitten spayed & chipped tomorrow whereas my older cat I got from DSPCA for 30 euro & she had absolutely everything done already so just needed yearly vaccinations/check ups.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭bogins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

galway3 wrote: »
    Thank you :-)

Know a friend was asked for 75 by one animal rescue center for one cat. Seems a bit excessive to me so am a bit put off by this amount:eek:

Please read Toulouse's post.
    If 75 euro sounds like a lot of money to you then sorry but you probably can not afford to keep a cat. You wouldn't even get it neutered in most places for that.
    And for illnesses and accidents, vet's bills can go into the thousands.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Toulouse wrote: »
    But what did that include? I can tell you that it'll cost a rescue alot more than €75 to neuter, vaccinate, worm, deflea, chip and feed a cat before it's rehomed.

Check the costs of getting a cat from a rescue centre against the costs of getting the above done by your own vet and then see if you think it's excessive.

Pets are not cheap.

Keep an eye on here http://www.irishanimals.ie/cat_homes.html

thanks :) im looking for a kitty soon to replace my beloved sally cat, i am also happy to say i will be adopting if i can (renting a house). This forum has sublimely opened my eyes to adoption :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Calhoun wrote: »
    thanks :) im looking for a kitty soon to replace my beloved sally cat, i am also happy to say i will be adopting if i can (renting a house). This forum has sublimely opened my eyes to adoption :P

yeaaaahhhh :)
    All my cats are rescues. I would not change any of them for the world :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 galway3

Magenta wrote: »
    Please read Toulouse's post.
    If 75 euro sounds like a lot of money to you then sorry but you probably can not afford to keep a cat. You wouldn't even get it neutered in most places for that.
    And for illnesses and accidents, vet's bills can go into the thousands.

I'm more than aware of the costs of keeping a pet thanks :)

I do have two dogs that are kept up to date with all vet needs.

Thanks to all who supplied links will be looking at them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement