Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structure Map?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭

As a non-mod I wasn't aware of all the issues that seem to be occuring in the mod/admin world until I had a look at the FeedForward forum and subsequently 'ACT/kranksKorner' social group.

Trying to get a handle on the problems is actually quite difficult given that so much of the issues are ones that have occured in the private mod forums etc. I don't know the rights or wrongs of any of it but looking at some of the posters I'd have viewed as having been instrumental in the growth of boards.ie to what it is today, something seems to be not quite right.

FeedForward seems a good idea to me (though I obviously know nothing of the details of the problems heretofore) and Devore seems to be looking out for the best interests of Boards as a community as usual.

One things struck me while reading this however: there is nowhere on boards.ie (at least that I could find) that details the structure of boards.ie in it's current form. From trawling through FF and kK I've some kind of idea but the biki entry at http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Boards.ie seems quite out-dated.

Would it be a good idea in the interests of transparency to update the biki with the details of how the community / LTD / HQ all sit together, what roles/hierarchies exist there and which users currently occupy which roles (say from catmod/smod up). I can't imagine it'd take more than half an hour or so for someone in the know to put a chart / diagram of this together?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The biki has always been a side project and not kept that update with people adopting pages, a list would need to be done of page which need to be updated, I know that some of the changes re Cat Mods are not on pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Regardless of location, wouldn't you agree that having the information up somewhere would be useful?

If FeedForward is to get meaningful input from ordinary members of the site, I think it'd help for people to have a clear picture of what it is they're discussing rather than contributing based on assumption.

I do agree, if you want one you could make one yourself on the biki.

I know the current cat mods are listed here in the newbie forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63172545&postcount=2

Not sure if there is a 'public' listing of the admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,207 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

TBH, I don't know enough about the current structure to put one together without it being littered with assumptions (something I've come to hate from my professional life)

What I'd like to see would be a somewhat hierarchical diagram detailing:

Boards.ie Ltd / Community
    Owners / Shareholders / Founders
    Staff / Admins
    SMod
    CMod
    Mod
    Members

With a breakdown of current responsibilites / priviliges and overlaps.

I know it's probably asking a lot and admittedly curiosity is a factor but without understanding a system, I find it very difficult to comment on how that system can be improved.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd like that too :)

I'm currently trying to bring a lot of these things into the one spot (FF) with a public and a semi-public part.

Once thats up and running it will be a lot easier to produce the kind of diagram you are looking for and it would clarify a lot of things for us all I think.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Just for you Thaed...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showgroups.php

Thank you smashey,
    but I meant as in a listing with who looks after what for the admins, like the listing for the cmods.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Like this one from the Mod forum? Not 100% up to date, but not too far off.

Zaph wrote: »
    Like this one from the Mod forum? Not 100% up to date, but not too far off.

Like that one but public which is why I said:

:P

Advertisement