Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone home Vs Mobile Vs Eircom

• 11-03-2010 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

Just moved to a new house and looking at my broadband options. 3 main options I'm looking at are Vodafone at home 7mb, Vodafone mobile broadband or Eircom 7mb. Reluctant to go with Eircom based on price. I would need broadband for Xbox live, general surfing on the web and some web design work as I sometimes work from home so connection needs to be decent enough. In my last house I had 3G mobile broadband and was happy enough with this most of the time but I cant get a signal in my new house now. UPC is out as my area is not a cabled area. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

If you want Broadband for on-line gaming then so called "Mobile Broadband" (which isn't actually even Broadband) is out of the question.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AbbeyWebs

I had Three mobile broadband in my last house and it worked fine most of the time. I got lag the odd time. How reliable id Vodafones home broadband? I've seen alot of complaints about speeds varying and dropping when compared with Eircom.

Advertisement