Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lille v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i agree kryogen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Mr Alan wrote: »
    never before has a players contribution been so blown out of a proportion. For years i've listened to how we were a one man team, Gerrard being that man, then Nando came along, and we were a two man team, then Alonso leaves, and all of a sudden it turns out we were a one man team all along, and neither torres or gerrard were ever that man. Tis bull**** to be honest. Alonso was a brilliant player for us in his first and last reason (playing for his move), the two seasons in between he was good, thats all. The way people talk about him you'd swear he was the second coming of Zidane.

I think all people are saying is that Alonso wasn't adequetly replaced , which is Rafa's fault, there were better options available than aqualini who was injured and tbh doesnt look physical enough to me to be able to play the role expected of him. Alonso had a good first and last season the middle 2 not as good but he did suffer that nasty injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

never before has a players contribution been so blown out of a proportion. For years i've listened to how we were a one man team, Gerrard being that man, then Nando came along, and we were a two man team, then Alonso leaves, and all of a sudden it turns out we were a one man team all along, and neither torres or gerrard were ever that man. Tis bull**** to be honest. Alonso was a brilliant player for us in his first and last reason (playing for his move), the two seasons in between he was good, thats all. The way people talk about him you'd swear he was the second coming of Zidane.

With all due respect, I've been saying for years that Gerrard was overrated so you're not getting off the hook that easy.

Every team needs a playmaker to pick the ball up from deep and start the moves, just distribute it right and left. United have Scholes and Carrick, Chelsea have Essien and (a dodgy) Mikel as backup. Arsenal have two many to list. Alonso may not have been the worlds best midfielder, and I agree he had some very dodgy seasons and never lived up to his initial promise. But still he was the one who distributed the ball to the players in space, who started the attacks. He at least is a good passer and had a bit of vision. Lucas is a tidy midfielder, but he can't pull the strings. He used to being the one to offer an option, not take the responsibility. And Masch is cack on the ball, so awful it's funny tbh. So yeah Alan, Alonso's role still needs to be filled.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The club throughout is thoroughly rotten.

i think its more the lack of movement from the players in front since Christmas, that has been our downfall this season to be honest, at times they are shockingly stagnant before that, it was an inability to keep a clean sheet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The way people talk about him you'd swear he was the second coming of Zidane.

he was vital in the season in which we should have won the league, which was the first one where we all thought we could actually win the thing.

so yeah, he was pretty damn important. and when you lose someone who has the ability only a few have (defend, turn on a sixpence, and give a pass of any length in an instant), then he needs replaced.

just because people see him as important, and not replaced, does not mean we think he was the 'second coming of Zidane'.

Ronaldo was amazing for the Mancs, but Ferguson adapted when he left, stuck Rooney through the middle, told him to do all his good work in the final 3rd of the pitch, and hey presto.

What the f*ck has Rafa done to change how we play to suit the departure of Alonso?

Johnson and Aquilani.

Johnson, fair enough. he can't influence us as much from there as Alonso does from CM. but he's been a welcome addition when fit.

but Aquilani, the man who should have replaced Alonso in some fashion, has been a farcical signing. Rafa has all but written him off for this season. yes, he could come good next year. i don't care, he was the wrong purchase regardless. i really don't think he's THAT good that we could afford to wait a whole year to see him get going.

something has to change, and you can't sack the team unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Who would you have from the other clubs in the league that you think would make the first team at Liverpool that would be possible targets?

well in fairness, independent medical assessments said he'd be back far sooner. and he was the only player i know of good quality who was available in such staggered payments, people are right to say that transfers are always spread over installments, however its usually in 2 installments, with the majority paid initially and a small amount paid within 12 months to complete the initial fee (success related clauses aren't incl in this obviously), however aqua's was for 5m euro up front and the rest spread out in incriments over 2 years (iirc), this is not the norm. Also i don't think rafa could have predicted the injuries we'd suffer, the loss of form of key players to compound the difficulty of bedding him into the side.

i'm not clearing rafa of any blame by the way-he has to shoulder his share for the way this season has panned out.

Who would you have from the other clubs in the league that you think would make the first team at Liverpool that would be possible targets?

Sneijder was available and fit, for cheaper at the time of the Aquilani purchase.

right now from the PL?

N'Zogbia, though he now might be expensive.

Huddlestone, though i don't think we'd get him now he's bedded in the Spurs team.

can't think of any others off the top of my head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Alberto Aquilani will be sitting in the hotel tonight and I think he'll know that he's made the biggest mistake of his career going to Liverpool.

Rafa is turning him into the laughing stock of Britain by not playing him, and I hope for the sake of his career (because I believe he is a very good player, if he's given a proper chance) I hope he's able to get away from Liverpool after the WC, assuming he even makes the squad. Feel very sorry for him.

this is not the norm.

It actually was, I mean look at what's emerged about Portsmouth and the amount outstanding for transfers conducted 3 or 4 years ago! I think the difference is that since the recession the banks have reduced overdraft facilities and the like available to clubs and subsequently there has been an increased demand for fees to be aid in full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sneijder was available and fit, for cheaper at the time of the Aquilani purchase.

right now from the PL?

N'Zogbia, though he now might be expensive.

Huddlestone, though i don't think we'd get him now he's bedded in the Spurs team.

can't think of any others off the top of my head.
    Neither would cost the earth and you probably would of gotten them cheap last summer but if you did get fourth i'm sure you could lure them Hudd would be expensive enough now tho because he's english and had a pretty good season i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

well in fairness, independent medical assessments said he'd be back far sooner. and he was the only player i know of good quality who was available in such staggered payments, people are right to say that transfers are always spread over installments, however its usually in 2 installments, with the majority paid initially and a small amount paid within 12 months to complete the initial fee (success related clauses aren't incl in this obviously), however aqua's was for 5m euro up front and the rest spread out in incriments over 2 years (iirc), this is not the norm. Also i don't think rafa could have predicted the injuries we'd suffer, the loss of form of key players to compound the difficulty of bedding him into the side.

I think it goes much deeper than just injuries in fairness,all teams suffer injuries, you were quite lucky on that front last season, I honestly believe you guys over achieved last season, I always felt you might struugle for 4th spot this season, Alonso is obviously a big loss, but I really don't feel Rafa has spent well.

The big thing for Liverpool now is hanging onto Torres this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

i'm not clearing rafa of any blame by the way-he has to shoulder his share for the way this season has panned out.

It's all down to the manager. If a player isn't motivated, it's his fault. Take Gerrard. No player under Alex Ferguson would be allowed to get away with performances like his. Selling Alonso has to be one of the worst transfers ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

SlickRic wrote: »

he has taken us as far as he can.

Scary thought.

Can't help but think of the reverse beep noise a truck makes.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    It's all down to the manager. If a player isn't motivated, it's his fault. Take Gerrard. No player under Alex Ferguson would be allowed to get away with performances like his. Selling Alonso has to be one of the worst transfers ever.

Look, your post and opinion is terrible,

I've been a huge rafa fan, I'm probably at the end of my tether now though, however to say it's all the manager's fault just means you know nothing, less than nothing infact, motivating the players isn't his sole responsibility the players have to show some desire themselves, why can Mascherano and Reina continually put in fantastic performances, while Carra and Gerrard can't? Attitude of the players.

It's very very very well documented that Alonso wanted to leave to go to Real Madrid, Rafa didn't decide he wanted shot of him after thebest season of his career.

openroad, we were not lucky with injuries last season, we were without skrtel, agger, torres and gerrard for long periods of the season. Its ok if you think we just overachieved, that's how i feel about arsenal this year.

noodler wrote: »
    Scary thought.

Can't help but think of the reverse beep noise a truck makes.

yes, that is the fear, and i understand that. i have it too.

but i'm just sick of it, and have to believe we can be better than this.

well done Lille by the way in the midst of all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Excuses excuses excuses.

Rafa could have signed hundreds of other midfielders, he could have signed midfielders who would have contributed more than Aquilani this season with the first instalment of Aquilani's transfer.

It's an awful deal whatever way you dress it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

openroad, we were not lucky with injuries last season, we were without skrtel, agger, torres and gerrard for long periods of the season. Its ok if you think we just overachieved, that's how i feel about arsenal this year.

Well at least Arsenal consistently play good football and actively try and win games. I wouldnt mind watching Liverpool lose if we gave it a good go. How many games have gone by this season with us getting no shots on target ? How many games this season have we playd well for 90 minutes ? Theres something wrong at the club, and its not just as a result of injuries.

Rafa's coaching? Has to be said.

Just my feeling Mr Alan,not a dig or anything, Rafa has spent badly imo, I do appreciate that there are also other issues with ownership, but Liverpools performance at Arsenal summed up a lot for me what has gone wrong with Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i think its more the lack of movement from the players in front since Christmas, that has been our downfall this season to be honest, at times they are shockingly stagnant before that, it was an inability to keep a clean sheet..

but Rafa has done nothing to address this, we're still trying the same old things with the same old players

modric was 16 million - 4 million per season for 4 years.
    Aquilani was a waste of our precious money. He's never going to be match fit under Rafa

Look, every player is responsible for their own performance, and most of them should be ashamed of themselves. But they are answerable to Benitez - he is supposed to maintain authority, pick the right players, use the right tactics, maintain discipline, motivate . . .
    He is ultimately responsible for every players performance - he bought them, he picks them, he motivates them.

He is answerable to nobody on the football side of things as far as i can see.
    He shoulders a huge share of the blame for this season - 75/80% - it's impossible to put a figure on it really.

It's clear to me the players no longer trust and no longer play for the manager. That's disgraceful i know and they should be ashamed.
    But like you said earlier, we can't sack the team.
    Rafa has to go.
    There have been no signs this season of things getting better. What hope is there for next season? Genuinely?

****ING BEACH BALL ****

Tusky wrote: »
    Well at least Arsenal consistently play good football and actively try and win games. I wouldnt mind watching Liverpool lose if we gave it a good go. How many games have gone by this season with us getting no shots on target ? How many games this season have we playd well for 90 minutes ? Theres something wrong at the club, and its not just as a result of injuries.

This is how I feel about Arsenal, I don't want to take this OT, but while we have not won anything for sometime, I don't really mind, honest, the football we play really makes up for it.

It was really sad to see how Liverpool played against us recently.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Look, your post and opinion is terrible,

I've been a huge rafa fan, I'm probably at the end of my tether now though, however to say it's all the manager's fault just means you know nothing, less than nothing infact, motivating the players isn't his sole responsibility the players have to show some desire themselves, why can Mascherano and Reina continually put in fantastic performances, while Carra and Gerrard can't? Attitude of the players.

It's very very very well documented that Alonso wanted to leave to go to Real Madrid, Rafa didn't decide he wanted shot of him after thebest season of his career.

You're correct that Alonso handed in a transfer request, but Rafa is the reason he left.

If Gerrard and Carragher are still playing, and are ****, whose fault is it that they are still on the pitch? I like Rafa, but his team are desperate to watch. His team selections and substitutions are just shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

mayordenis wrote: »

Would all that have had anything to do with the way Alonso was treated by Benitez in the previous summer transfer window by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Step forward Gerard Houllier the Second.

BENITEZ CONFIDENT DESPITE DEFEAT
    From Carl Markham, Press Association Sport, Lille
    Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insists his side can still progress in the Europa League despite a 1-0 defeat in their last 16 first leg against Lille.
    Winger Eden Hazard curled an 85th-minute free-kick over the Liverpool defence and past a static Jose Reina inside the far post just when it seemed the visitors had weathered the storm.
    But it could have been far worse had substitute Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's shot not hit the post and gone wide late on.
    Benitez had called for his players to show Monday's defeat to Wigan had been an aberration and he felt they had done that.
    "It was an improvement from the last game. The players' reaction has been very positive," said the Spaniard.
    "I am disappointed with the result but really pleased with the effort of the players. They were fantastic today.
    "It was against a good team on a difficult pitch. The reaction has been good.

"I think Lille started really well. We knew they had pace - you can watch videos but until you see them on the pitch you don't see the pace they have.
    "It was difficult to stop them but little by little we had more control.
    "When we had that control and were going forward we conceded the goal."
    Despite conceding plenty of possession to their opponents Liverpool could easily have been 2-0 up at half-time had Ryan Babel not shot too close to goalkeeper Mickael Landreau, who also brilliantly saved Fernando Torres' close-range header.
    Benitez admitted that those missed opportunities cost them and could have put a completely different perspective on the match.
    "When you play away you have to score when you have chances. To score an early goal you can manage the game but we worked hard today.
    "To have two or three chances to score and then concede a [goal to a] free-kick...we have to be positive.
    "It is clear, particularly in this competition, you have to score away because it is an advantage.
    "We were just not strong enough today but there is still 90 minutes to play.
    "I am confident we can beat anyone at Anfield on our day with the fans behind us.
    "In every top side, especially when you are not having a good season, every game is important.
    "We have to be ready for Monday's Premier League match against Portsmouth and to win and then be ready for 90 minutes in the Europa League."

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Rafa's coaching? Has to be said.

But the thing is, we can play good football under Rafa. We dont have to play silky Barcelona style stuff to play good football. I used to love the way we played under Rafa in Europe - high tempo, in your face and deadly on the counter attack. What happened to that ? Fair enough, we have had injuries to key players. But instead of changing the system to suit the players at his disposal, Rafa has just tried to force other players into the regular system, and it hasnt worked.

Our 4-2-3-1 formation only works with Torres up top. It needs someone fast, clinical who can hold the ball up and can create something out of nothing. If Torres is injured, we should change the formation and play two up top, as noone else is suited to that role.

Playing 2 deep midfielders in EVERY game regardless of the opposition is madness and I dont understand it.

Playing Kuyt in EVERY game regardless of his form or the opposition is madness and I dont understand it.

Sticking to set substitution times (70,80,88 usually) in EVERY game regardless of what is going on in that game, is madness and I dont understand it.

Buying an injured player for 20m and then not playing him because hes not match fit is madness. How is he supposed to get match fit if he never plays ?

Madness!

gx2ybmGA.jpg

Step forward Gerard Houllier the Second.

BENITEZ CONFIDENT DESPITE DEFEAT
    From Carl Markham, Press Association Sport, Lille
    Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez insists his side can still progress in the Europa League despite a 1-0 defeat in their last 16 first leg against Lille.
    Winger Eden Hazard curled an 85th-minute free-kick over the Liverpool defence and past a static Jose Reina inside the far post just when it seemed the visitors had weathered the storm.
    But it could have been far worse had substitute Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's shot not hit the post and gone wide late on.
    Benitez had called for his players to show Monday's defeat to Wigan had been an aberration and he felt they had done that.
    "It was an improvement from the last game. The players' reaction has been very positive," said the Spaniard.
    "I am disappointed with the result but really pleased with the effort of the players. They were fantastic today.
    "It was against a good team on a difficult pitch. The reaction has been good.
    "I think Lille started really well. We knew they had pace - you can watch videos but until you see them on the pitch you don't see the pace they have.
    "It was difficult to stop them but little by little we had more control.
    "When we had that control and were going forward we conceded the goal."
    Despite conceding plenty of possession to their opponents Liverpool could easily have been 2-0 up at half-time had Ryan Babel not shot too close to goalkeeper Mickael Landreau, who also brilliantly saved Fernando Torres' close-range header.
    Benitez admitted that those missed opportunities cost them and could have put a completely different perspective on the match.
    "When you play away you have to score when you have chances. To score an early goal you can manage the game but we worked hard today.
    "To have two or three chances to score and then concede a [goal to a] free-kick...we have to be positive.
    "It is clear, particularly in this competition, you have to score away because it is an advantage.
    "We were just not strong enough today but there is still 90 minutes to play.
    "I am confident we can beat anyone at Anfield on our day with the fans behind us.
    "In every top side, especially when you are not having a good season, every game is important.
    "We have to be ready for Monday's Premier League match against Portsmouth and to win and then be ready for 90 minutes in the Europa League."

It's like he predicts they're going out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

I didn't see the game tonight. How did my boy Dirk Kuyt do?

But the thing is, we can play good football under Rafa. We dont have to play silky Barcelona style stuff to play good football. I used to love the way we played under Rafa in Europe - high tempo, in your face and deadly on the counter attack. What happened to that ? Fair enough, we have had injuries to key players. But instead of changing the system to suit the players at his disposal, Rafa has just tried to force other players into the regular system, and it hasnt worked.

Our 4-2-3-1 formation only works with Torres up top. It needs someone fast, clinical who can hold the ball up and can create something out of nothing. If Torres is injured, we should change the formation and play two up top, as noone else is suited to that role.

Playing 2 deep midfielders in EVERY game regardless of the opposition is madness and I dont understand it.

Playing Kuyt in EVERY game regardless of his form or the opposition is madness and I dont understand it.

Sticking to set substitution times (70,80,88 usually) in EVERY game regardless of what is going on in that game, is madness and I dont understand it.

Buying an injured player for 20m and then not playing him because hes not match fit is madness. How is he supposed to get match fit if he never plays ?

Madness!

gx2ybmGA.jpg

I hear all you are saying but I will simply say that alot of our best football came when Alonso was keeping things ticking over and we had our best players fit. It was a case of keeping it tight and just allowing your form players to do whatever.

Any deviation from this (i.e. the loss of a decent quality attacker or two) appears to completely throw him off in the last year or so. Anyway, I think our points are somewhat similar.

I'm telling you, Babel could be that missing squad player for Pool if Benitez would put aside his personal vendetta against him.

Ardent wrote: »
    I didn't see the game tonight. How did my boy Dirk Kuyt do?

like a mule on dope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Just my feeling Mr Alan,not a dig or anything, Rafa has spent badly imo, I do appreciate that there are also other issues with ownership, but Liverpools performance at Arsenal summed up a lot for me what has gone wrong with Liverpool.

I agree with the Rafa spent bad part. That is true and I really don't think anybody can deny that.

I also think Liverpool did over-achieve in the PL last season, but that is just my opinion. Man-for-Man, manager-for-manager I think there are 3 better teams in the Premiership with better squads and managers.

Any team can make the excuse of injuries. But the Alonso sale did cripple Liverpool, Aquilani was never the right player for Liverpool. Anybody who watched Serie A will tell you that.

IMO Benitez is at the end of his employment with Liverpool as far as I can see it. Simply for failing to replace Alonso adequately, and the likes of Gerrard, as captain, not taking Liverpool by the scruff of the neck and instigating belief in the players. But the blame will lay at Rafa's feet. Unfortunately, his players aren't playing for him.

The club smells rotten. The owners, the players. It's not just Rafa. We know he's a world class coach from his days at Valencia.

However, with the combination at the club now Rafa, The Players & The Americans, you won't be winning the Premiership any time soon. Someone has to go, and my money's on Rafa.

babel doesn't have the touch or brain to play up top on his own imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

ehhh whats the deal with everyone on here defending that useless manager of ours??
    hes terrible thats it. Your crazy if you think you can even argue with that its clear that he has not got clue the quicker he is gone the happier true liverpool fans will be

I didnt say play him on his own, I said play two up top. None of us have seen nearly enough of Babel up front to come to any conclusions about him. He has never started two games on the trot there, so its completely unknown territory. He has all the physical characteristics so who knows, if given a 5 or 6 games on the tort, maybe he could develop a run of form.

Anyway, his touch is at least as good as Kuyt, who regularly plays up front on his own for us.

Ardent wrote: »
    Would all that have had anything to do with the way Alonso was treated by Benitez in the previous summer transfer window by any chance?

Was treated? you make it out as though Benitez was calling him a whore and trying to belittle him.

you remember at the time teams wouldn't even meet the asking price of 15million? you know why they wouldn't meet that asking price? because he was playing **** for a year before and mediocre the year before that, it had been 2 seasons since he played at his best.

He gets battered for his man management, but benitez lit a fire under Alonso that summer that saw him have the season of his career, and was the reason that Real Madrid offered more than double what the only bidder had offered the season before.

So straight up you either were genuinely interested and didn't know the answer, or you though you were making some point that is way of the mark.

• Advertisement

tusky, i was talking to leninbenjamin re babel

Possibly not, but very few strikers have that kind of intelligence Torres has. You're not going to have someone of that quality on standby (that's why the wings need to be addressed to add more creativity to the side). I've been harping on this forum for a long time that Babel is best going through the centre and I'm not going to drop it until I actually see him get a chance there. He has a strikers instinct imo, always aware of where the goal is and looks happier getting on end of things. He was never a provider, his awareness of his team mates seems secondary so will always look poor on the wings. I think people would be pleasantly surprised if Babel were stuck up top.

As to back up my arguments, watch the youtube highlights reel of his time with Ajax. of the 15-20 odd highlights on show, all but two (I think, maybe 3) are either him coming through the centre or in and around the box. He's been mislabelled and misused by Benitez since he arrived at the club imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i have been a backer of rafa from the start of the "rafa out" talk from years back. but i'm finding it harder and harder to support him and his team selections & tactics. its just getting more and more predictable. i'm not saying rafa out but i am no longer saying rafa in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

feels like ive just been hit in the face by a rake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So Alan what did you think of Babel tonight ?

thought he had a few decent moments, should have scored his chance-sitter, but a few retarded moments as well, someone wit his pace should be able to run by people, he can't. It frustrates me greatly. Highlight of his for me was when he trapped reinas punt downfield, nearly choked on my dinner!

thought he had a few decent moments, should have scored his chance-sitter, but a few retarded moments as well, someone wit his pace should be able to run by people, he can't. It frustrates me greatly. Highlight of his for me was when he trapped reinas punt downfield, nearly choked on my dinner!

You're really harsh on the guy, you should hold him to the same standards as the rest of the playing staff.

ok in that case, he was better than kuyt but about as good as gerrard, who most agree should be dropped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,681 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I knew you'd be harsh on the lad, from a Neutral point of view I thought he was one of ye're best players tonight and was pure gob-smacked when he was subbed, you also have to take in the state of the pitch, it was the type of pitch you couldnt really dribble on.

am i a neutral when i comment on united headshot?

• Advertisement
Advertisement