Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nokia Ovi software (replaces PC Suite)

• 11-03-2010 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Got a message on my PC yesterday to say Upgrade to Nokia Ovi, download here. So I downloaded it thinking it may have better integration with my phone, and fix a few bugs with Nokia PC Suite (which is good but not perfect). Downloaded and installed and ....

I'm not impressed. Nokia Maps, which was one of the extras that it was promoting as to why I should upgrade, is not available cos I dont have a memory card in my phone. Same error with Music, the software does not see the four mp3 that I have on the phone memory... says it can only see what is on a memory card (if you have one)... No way possible of viewing/hearing the audio files that you record using voice recorder (which is important to me). What a load of rubbish.. !!

Anybody else download it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I think its a PIA.
    I went back to PC Suite.
    Maybe I'm missing someting great in Ovi Suite?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I found it to be very bloated too and went back to pc suite. Might give it another bash one of the days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I have both installed. Only use the OVI version to upgrade phone SW as PC suite no longer supports N97 after latest firmware update, and even there OVI sucks. Onboard app tells me there are 3 apps to be upgraded, OVI tells me 5.....nuff said!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I went back to pc-suite also because the internet connection option disappeared.

<Maps are good though/>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Ok, just dumped it off the PC. Turns out when you uninstall the Ovi software, the nokia PC suite is still on the PC and reappears in Add/Remove Programs when Ovi is gone.. Turns out Nokia had as much faith in Ovi as I do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement