Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Realex Redirect and Google Analytics goals

Options
  • 11-03-2010 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm using Realex Redirect in a site that processes donations. The client would like to set up a Google Analytics (GA) Goal to measure what percentage of users complete a donation via the homepage of the site.

I'm setting up the goal in GA, and it's asking me for a Goal Url, e.g. thankyou.html. My problem is that with Realex Redirect, when the user goes to the donation form, the site redirects to Realex's site - https://epage.payandshop.com/epage.cgi. Regardless of whether a payment goes through successfully or not, it stays on this page.

I am using a request and a repsonse page to prep the info to go to Realex and to produce a suitable response message based on the outcome of the payment attempt.

I would ideally like to set the response page as the Goal Url. I've checked with Fiddler though and this page doesn't seem to get hit in the client's browser, which means it won't get picked up by GA.

Has anyone had a similar issue with this? Any suggestions?

Advertisement