Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the next heavy rain be?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭

Just thought Id start a thread asking this question. There seems to be some unsettled weather in the offing in the next few days but nothing serious but does anyone have any opinions on when well see a heavy spell of rain again. Me rain gauge is getting bored.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

July and August!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

pauldry wrote: »
    Just thought Id start a thread asking this question. There seems to be some unsettled weather in the offing in the next few days but nothing serious but does anyone have any opinions on when well see a heavy spell of rain again. Me rain gauge is getting bored.

Your username certainly suggests you have not seen moisture in a while !! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

indeedy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭homersimpson

Pouring rain here in Donegal at the minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

A good site for live METARs (Airport weather reports) for Sligo and Donegal is http://www.dawn-it.com/met/ ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it'll be funny if we get a question in a few months time asking where has the sun gone:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

heavy rain????few showers of light rain now and again very acceptable,had'nt we enough heavy rain and flooding to do us 4 another 100 years:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I've only recorded around 8mm so far this month, and that measly amount fell in just a few hours. This on the back of a very dry Feb, Jan and December, very unusual to have a dry spell lasting this long alright.

I've only recorded around 8mm so far this month, and that measly amount fell in just a few hours. This on the back of a very dry Feb, Jan and December, very unusual to have a dry spell lasting this long alright.

Only 7mm here in Sligo for March (Dont think Dublin has had any)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A good heavy shower here in the night; very welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Only 7mm here in Sligo for March (Dont think Dublin has had any)

Yep so far my mini weather station had 0.0mm of rain for march... mite get a bit later 2day tough.

Quite nippy out this morning !

now ive got 7.4mm of rain in sligo:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

I bought a set of tyres 3000 miles ago, haven't got to see how they cope with proper rain yet. Who'd have thought it, in Ireland of all places !

Models have the Atlantic breaking through on St Patrick's day.

Nice one Pat! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I really wouldnt mind if there wasnt a single drop of rain here till next November:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Gonzo wrote: »
    I really wouldnt mind if there wasnt a single drop of rain here till next November:)

It wouldnt be summer without the annual august floods ;)

I also heard that theres been a mini baby boom in the months of april and may each year over the past few years . . .;) :D

It wouldnt be summer without the annual august floods ;)

I also heard that theres been a mini baby boom in the months of april and may each year over the past few years . . .;) :D

True; our sales of baby knitting go up then.. Predicting later in the year after the cold winter too...;)

I am of a different opinion though!

We will remind you you said that when there is drought and no water.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GSF

Graces7 wrote: »
    We will remind you you said that when there is drought and no water.;)
    which in Ireland will probably be in early April...........:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

GSF wrote: »
    which in Ireland will probably be in early April...........:rolleyes:

Ay indeed.. We once lived where we were totally reliant on run off and rainwater and we regularly, even after we got a huge rainwater tank put in. were left high and dry, literally.

May and September were the usual times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

good to be on the weather forum again, bucketing down in galway at the moment very nice wind also, its lovely as i can sleep in tommorow;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Hopefully this rain will clear for todays parades! Its been such a dry winter.

Made one or two heavyish showers here last night but not much accumulated. A couple of days of heavy rain and warm temps will do the land around Ireland the world of good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Yep hardly any rain here, just a covering, nothing in the bird bath!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

No rain here overnight. No rain recorded here so far this month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Had enough here last night. Was like the good old days when the cars doors used to blow off and it would rain 15ft into the house from the front door.

[2 sad things about this post. 1, its was only a little while since we had rain & wind. 2, Yes, I did actually measure the distance the rain came in the front door once.]

I think this thread is reaching dormancy as the heavy rain will have visited all parts of Ireland by the weekend. After that a rather unsettled picture but nothing like November!

btw its v mild today. was going to start a new thread for this but im too lazy. its 11.4c here in sligo so far beating the previous best of 10.1c by some distance.

Advertisement