Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

training for a two week tour in the rockies

• 11-03-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

So I am in Canada at the moment and a great opportunity to do some touring has come up. The group are cycling coast to coast starting in Vancouver but I would be looking to do the first two weeks with another two people.

The problem is, in those two weeks they are looking to cover 1700km which is through the Rockies for a considerable period. I haven't been on a bike in two months and haven't been doing much in terms of aerobic training. When I was at home I cycled about 20km daily and would do spins of around 60k at the weekend.

Is there any chance that I can be even slightly prepared for this at the start of May? I have a good bit of time throughout the day for training so can put the hours in but I think that it would probably be too little too late? If not, is there anyone who can recommend an intense training regime which could get me near to the point where its only painful as opposed to impossible?

Cheers

Advertisement