Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FairCare Meeting in Woodlands

• 11-03-2010 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

With Minister Cullen departing office and Dáil Éireann there's a lot of discussion around the county about who will represent Waterford after the next General Election, whenever that may be.

The focal point of that election will obviously be jobs and the economy but lets not forget our Health System which has failed the people of this country miserably.

Fine Gael has proposed a radical overhaul of the service in its FairCare policy. To see what it's about and ask a few questions come along to the FairCare public meeting in The Woodlands Hotel tonight at 8.30pm. There will be a presentation by Dr.James Reilly TD,Fine Gael Frontbench Spokesperson on Health and Fine Gael Leader Enda Kenny TD. Questions and answers session after.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Will you ask enda,would he kiss and make up with john deasey and return him to the front bench? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

it's a simplistic view and moving off topic and all that but the 'Free GP Care Package for All' bit of the promise does not come into effect until after 5 years in office. It's been a long time since FG lasted that long in government.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

old gregg wrote: »
    it's a simplistic view and moving off topic and all that but the 'Free GP Care Package for All' bit of the promise does not come into effect until after 5 years in office. It's been a long time since FG lasted that long in government.

Thats likely why the like the idea, they know they'll likely never have to do it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I meant to get to that meeting but something came up. Can anyone tell me how it went?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Trotter wrote: »
    I meant to get to that meeting but something came up. Can anyone tell me how it went?

It was just a summary of the Fine Gael FaireCare plan - Dr. James Reilly was the one explaining most of it and leaflets were given out with additional information. The website http://www.faircare.ie/ would have information on their proposal.

There was a Q&A session but I think it was mostly aimed at politics in general rather then the health plan, but some good questions asked about Carers and accountability for example. Questions were answered by Enda Kenny and James Reilly.

Not sure if there is much else I can say?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks for that Sully!

Advertisement