Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C# web services and wsdl files

Options
  • 11-03-2010 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to add contact enquiries from a website in a clients CRM system.

I have a wsdl file that i need to incorporate into my VS project somehow.

Do i need to make a web service and add the wsdl file to it ?

Will this enable me to communicate with the web service on the other end ?

Sorry, i'm totally lost on this one !

Thanks for any tips.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Ah, found a solution, turns out it's easy.

Just add a web reference ,point to the wsdl file and everything is automatically created.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Off the top of my head; use the "Add web reference" tool in VS (it's in the Project menu or the context menu where the regular binary references are), point it towards the web service (ie, to the WSDL) and it'll generate proxy classes and references so you can access the web service's interface programatically.

Edit; yeah, that's it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

Hello Mate,

If you add the wsdl to your project you'll be able to make use of the methods exposed by the clients web service. You should have a URL for the location of the wsdl e.g. http://testuri.com/someservice.asmx?wsdl

Im assuming your building an application in VS, so in your IDE goto Project\Add Web reference, bang in the address of the wsdl in the URL box and Bob's your uncle.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Regards
    Ross

Advertisement