Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bishop O'Donnell/Seamus Quirke plans

Options
  • 11-03-2010 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a link to the proposed plans for the widening/whatever of these roads (sorry, tried a search but just got mentions).
    I am a bit confused as to what will happen..one bus lane in peak times, or 2 lanes each way for cars? Any bike lanes.

Also, where is the land being eaten either side, will it come off the Westside pitch? And how far will the widening go - all the way between the Browne and Dean roundabouts?

There's housing estates all the way up with land in front, wondering if they will eat into that (particularly the front of Currach Bui, as I am fairly sure that's council owned).

There was talk about a new bus stop/shelter right at the turn from Rahoon Rd (up to Graveyard), so I am assuming they'll need to get rid of that green patch opposite Hanley Oaks. Anyone any ideas or a link?

I live up past those areas, and mainly bus or bike, so am wondering what to expect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Try http://www.galwaycycling.org/, they're very active in researching & lobbying for proper cycling facilities in the town

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

A few posts in a thread over on the Infrastructure forum:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055837825

The EIS has detailed information.

Non-technical summary. Plans have changed a bit since - there will be bus lanes instead of 2 lanes in each direction for all traffic.

Thanks, Ill defer to Infrastructure which would be appropriate forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks guys, I'll have a proper look but am curious which estate will get eaten up the most... The green bit at the edge of Rockfield for sure, up to the grotto?
    Currach Buí looks F*c*ed. That's a kiddie play pen (I know it's a cul de sac), so just curious if that will go too. Probably a chunk of the front of Glen Dara.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

KevR wrote: »
    KevR wrote: »
    Plans have changed a bit since - there will be bus lanes instead of 2 lanes in each direction for all traffic.

There will be the same number of lanes for cars so there will be feck all change really, is that correct. If so doesn't sound like it will make a huge difference if any

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

There will be a slight improvement because the traffic lights will be replaced. The existing ones along the route are ancient, have poor sequence timings and have barely any sensors to detect traffic.

Also, hopefully there will be an improvement to turning lanes at junctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

There is land set aside all the way up to the roundabout on Bishop O'Donnell Rd on the right hand side as you go out. At the moment it is mainly grass and enough room for 2 lanes at least without having to break into estates or the westside pitch.

Please continue in Infrastructure.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement