Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Play and charge kit shagged.

• 11-03-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Anyone else had this issue?I had it for about three or four years. Now when I plug it into my 360 or pc it goes red for 20 seconds and turns to green then,refusing to charge.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

it could be a bat battery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

Yeah, had the same problem with a black one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

it could be a bat battery?

I don't think so. It was working fine for years. Then in the last six months it would work on and off. My guess is the thing just died of old age but I've heard of the same symptoms for chargers that are only a few months old. Anyone know where the cheapest play and charge kits are sold(unless anyone knows a resurection trick for this)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Xluna wrote: »
    I don't think so. It was working fine for years. Then in the last six months it would work on and off. My guess is the thing just died of old age but I've heard of the same symptoms for chargers that are only a few months old. Anyone know where the cheapest play and charge kits are sold(unless anyone knows a resurection trick for this)?

I had a problem with mine too even the charging cable doesnt work on the controller anymore. Mine is about 2 years old I googled to see if there was anything to fix it but with this problem its seems that the charger and battery are just simply dead. You can buy a new one for about 15 to 20 quid in most of the shops around as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Ok, while this may not be the cause of your problems, I suggest you take a look at this thread. There have been a number of people describing similar issues (and I have experienced the same too), and the fix that is always suggested first is that in post 5. I would say have a try at that, and report back here.

A sticky on this has been suggested before, and seeing as there are a lot of these questions asked, followed by a lot of people jumping to the conclusion that the kit is shagged, I would agree with those suggestions.

• Advertisement

8-12 times huh? Sound like as the spoof methods to control the bosses on the snes version of sf2:world warrior,but I'll try it anyway.:)

Tried it,mythbusted I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Anyone else had this issue?I had it for about three or four years. Now when I plug it into my 360 or pc it goes red for 20 seconds and turns to green then,refusing to charge.
    what?? the longest one has lasted me was 6 months and that was a official one

what?? the longest one has lasted me was 6 months and that was a official one

Seriously? Mine was bought about three months after the 360 launch. Seems the consoles got more liable but accesories less so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Not to put too fine a point on it, but you've had it ages, a new one costs less than 20e with a new battery so stop being a cheapskate! There's getting value for money and there's taking the piss! You got a good lifespan out of it, move on!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭cython

Tried it,mythbusted I'm afraid.

Like I said, this might not have been the issue for you, but it's far from a myth when I, and a number of other users on this forum, have had it work for us, albeit on batteries that likely weren't as old, and thus probably hadn't seen as many charge cycles as yours.

As already mentioned, getting from 3 months after launch till now out of the battery is a long enough life, so replacing it is likely no harm, and in order

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

cython wrote: »
    Like I said, this might not have been the issue for you, but it's far from a myth when I, and a number of other users on this forum, have had it work for us, albeit on batteries that likely weren't as old, and thus probably hadn't seen as many charge cycles as yours.
    Yep. Many a battery has been saved by the "plug it in 40 times" approach.

Advertisement