Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards' emails

Options
  • 11-03-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭

I just signed up to boards. I must have ticked the wrong box or something but I'm receiving emails from boards.ie whenever someone replies to one of my comments. I want these emails to stop, is that possible? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi

This is easy to fix. At the moment you're being automatically subscribed to threads you've participated in and that's why you're getting the emails. It's set that way by default for new members.

Now, to delete the subscription for existing threads, click here. You'll see a list of threads you've posted in. Tick all the little boxes on the right, then in the drop-down menu underneath, click "delete subscription" and then the go button.

That takes care of the old threads.

To change the default for the future, on this page, in the little box headed "Default Thread Subscription Mode", change the drop down to "do not subscribe".

All done:)

If any of the above isn't clear, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Advertisement