Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City centre 30th venue?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for somewhere in town where I can hire a room or area (big enough for at least 50 people) for a 30th birthday party - decent music and a late bar would be a plus! I was thinking the Gingerman pub but you have to pay €150 for the room regardless of how much money is spent at the bar (you used to be able to get a refund if the deposit was covered by bar takings) so I'd love to find somewhere for free - with 50 people there'll be plenty of takings at the bar so I don't think that's too unreasonable!

It'll be fancy dress as well so somewhere open minded :D

Anyone got any suggestions?? Any inspiration would be gratefully received x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

one of my mates had her 30th in diceys garden a while ago and it was a great night, its in the russell court hotel on harcourt street

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would try Jack Nealons on Capel Street although you won't get a late bar, The Clarendon have a nice room upstairs for parties. Farringtons in Temple Bar have a room for rent as well and you could get away with anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Fukc paying a pub to have your party - there are loads of pubs that not only don't charge but will give you free finger food, cheap champagne etc They are happy for the business. Diceys like someone mentioned...lots of others im sure

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭jmcwobbles

Thanks guys, yeah it turned me right off that they would charge so much for the room in the Gingerman. Dicey's could be good alright although the place gets jammers on the weekends doesn't it - that's why I was hoping to have a separate room. Will look into The Clarendon and Farrington's as well :)

Advertisement