Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are We Alive, or Just Breathing??

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭

Right,

What's everyones thoughts on Killswitch Engage? I think they are good but I'm getting very sick of their albums. Each new one to me sounds exactly the same as the last. They really need to change things around a bit. The formula works, yes but it's getting very dull!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I just listen to Alive or Just Breathing and thats good enough for me :P. Way prefer Jesse Leach to Howard Jones aswell. I do agree that the newer stuff seems a bit repititive.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Pretty indifferent to them really. I don't hate them, I might listen to the odd song, but overall, meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

I used really like them. Last album I enjoyed was "The End Of Heartache". I prefer Howard to Jesse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Howard has an immense voice. I didn't really like their last two offerings that much but they've definitely got some good songs, mostly the older stuff.

I gotta say though they seem to have so much fun just being a band, so they get marks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Right,

The formula works, yes but it's getting very dull!

so is about a million other bands that sound like them, hate their type of 'safe' metal is just a load of Cr4p!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

As Eddie Stratton of One Minute Silence told me, "safe" metal is probably the only way to make huge money in the metal music industry. Bands who don't play it safe get a lot less for their efforts.

Also, from when I saw KSE live, I thought they should change their name to "Adam the Childish Dingbat and Band" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

I really like them but I am gradually getting bored.

I think they would have a brilliant greatest hits album but everything else is starting to blend together.

I personally much prefer Howard.

His lyrics suck though and he has no stage presence. Awesome singer though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I really like Are We Alive, or Just Breathing?? but anything after that bar maybe a few songs on each album is boring,they need to change things up a bit I think.

Advertisement