Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New non error

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Right lads, well I have now re-installed the game and I have also disabled all firewalls etc etc...

Now when I go to join the game nothing actually happens, it has the loading and then goes back to the normal server list... I dont get the check network connection error anymore...

Any1 got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I get this as well, just putting it down to buggy software ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Evd-Burner wrote: »
    Right lads, well I have now re-installed the game and I have also disabled all firewalls etc etc...

Now when I go to join the game nothing actually happens, it has the loading and then goes back to the normal server list... I dont get the check network connection error anymore...

Any1 got any ideas?

At least now you're having the same problem as everyone else lol :)

Can you copy the info in the gamesettings.ini thread and try to join a server from the favorites tab ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

what thread where now how?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Okay...are you playing the game through STEAM or just running from the DISK?

Did you actually go into your router and open up the ports needed to run the game?

You really do have to run the PBsetup.exe seperately and point its nose at the current folder to eliminate it aswell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

what thread where now how?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055848252

see there evd, try adding our sever to your fav list and join from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

I can connect to servers without any hassel my problem is I (still) only get on for 5 mins before losing the connection to EA servers. What port do I need to open. I have seen some threads on this on the EA forums but they were like a random number generator each reply had a different set.

Have my PC set up in a DMZ at the mo. What port have worked for people here ?
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Okay...are you playing the game through STEAM or just running from the DISK?

Did you actually go into your router and open up the ports needed to run the game?

You really do have to run the PBsetup.exe seperately and point its nose at the current folder to eliminate it aswell.

IT JUST WORKED!!!

Lol the only thing is that Im in a friends house on my laptop so playing with a mousepad is really hard. Also my laptop doesnt seem to like the dust particles in the air :)

btw i dont have a clue why it just worked... I just kept trying and it worked...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

btw i dont have a clue why it just worked... I just kept trying and it worked...

It doesn't work at home but works at a friends house ?

lol yeah that seems to be the way it is :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Hi Evd, hope life is good with you.

I had the exact same issue.

If I I try to join a server from the server browser the game just says loading and nothing happens. Although it will work on 1 in 10 attempts.

But if I click play now instead of server browser it connects everytime. Problem with this is you cant pick your server.

I cant imagine this is a router/porting issue if it works one way an not another. Just a bug.

I cant play for more then 10mins at the moment anyway. Overheating issues despite extra fans, new thermal paste and a fresh OS install.

New prebuilt machine on its way. Sick to the teeth of self builds.

Wavey.

I plan on building one at the end of the semester, cus I wont have time to do it until then... Gonna overclock and water cool like a mofo... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Wavey wrote: »
    But if I click play now instead of server browser it connects everytime. Problem with this is you cant pick your server.
    Who are you ingame? Can send you a friend request, and see can you join that way?
    I cant play for more then 10mins at the moment anyway. Overheating issues despite extra fans, new thermal paste and a fresh OS install.
    Sounds odd. What OS do you have, and what card? If you have XP, and an ATI card, installing only the catalyst driver (not the control centre) and install ATI Tray Tools will allow you to whack the speed of the fan on the GPU up a bit. Have W7 myself, so no luck there, and thus getting white windows of nothingness :( Have found out that turning the speed up manually can help the WSoD problem from other forums. Have XP on another partition, so will try it on that, actually.
    New prebuilt machine on its way. Sick to the teeth of self builds.
    You'll be back. My own first self build was ****, but since then they have been mainly win.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Hi Syco.

My BC2 handle is Wavey.

Am running XPMCE and 8800GT.

I dont think its the GFX that is over heating. Stuck a thermocouple on the motherboard chipset heatsink and its hitting 78degC.
    All other components are below 60degC according to Speedfan.exe.

This never used to be a problem. No new hardware. Extra fans installed and still the same issue. Maybe a dying motherboard?

If this prebuilt machine with a 3 year warranty works out ok I will not even open the case until its time to upgrade.

My last couple of self builds have been fine but this one has been a disaster since it started 2 years ago. Ive spent more on replacing components in the old machine than the total cost of the new machine....to be continued..

Wavey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

the_syco wrote: »
    Sounds odd. What OS do you have, and what card? If you have XP, and an ATI card, installing only the catalyst driver (not the control centre) and install ATI Tray Tools will allow you to whack the speed of the fan on the GPU up a bit.

Have xp, ati cheap ass card, updated to latest catalyst driver and get between 35-70 fps.White screen appears for max 2 seconds from an alt tab too. :p

Advertisement