Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go to meet longhaired hot rocker types??

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Anyone know wheres the best place to meet my type of guy? Its seems a lot more difficult these days....as Im 40! But look in my 30s!:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Pics or GTFO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Jemmaa

bazmaiden wrote: »
    Pics or GTFO:D
    Yeah. And post your favourite youtubes here we will analyze it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rockers with long hair? When the devil did this start?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You want to try the rock/metal/goth clubs and bars.

Fibbers parnell st
    Fibbers on the quays
    Bruxcells off grafton street
    Dominion sat nights on o'connell street.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JohnNightmare

Thaedydal wrote: »
    You want to try the rock/metal/goth clubs and bars.

Fibbers parnell st
    Fibbers on the quays
    Bruxcells off grafton street
    Dominion sat nights on o'connell street.

Dominion isent a rock bar, its a gay bar that plays industrial goth music and has loads of sented candles:p and i mean gay as it lads for lads girls for girls.

i seen it with my own 2 eyes, rocker man as such raping each others mouths, and it was more than just them 2 at it. ran back up the stairs out of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ignore the above. Dominion isn't a gay bar, I've been there loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I had a witty reply Karl but looking into Clint's eyes i couldn't do it:(

At the op, bike rallys are an option, always plenty of rock music and plenty of longhaired types of all ages. Always a great atmosphere and good craic.

http://www.irishbikersbible.ie/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

In their parents basement

Ignore the above. Dominion isn't a gay bar, I've been there loads of times.

trying to tell us something Karl? dont be shy;).

only messing karl, but i know what type of bar it is, some of my mates still drink there, you might know them:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

strictly longhair? akin to the flowing mane of randy rhodes? no pomades then?! any hair not directly on top of my head i consider fuzz and must be tapered the **** down! :pac:

Dominion sounds alright, in Murray's bar? i love 80s goth n wave u can't beat the atmosphere of a sophisticated deathrock discotheque. i find that stuff more melodic n malevolent but its gotta have that 80s sheen! don't get me wrong i grew up on metal but its a bit feeble hi-end adolescent noise now into my 30s.. must get to Dominion!

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    strictly longhair? akin to the flowing mane of randy rhodes? no pomades then?! any hair not directly on top of my head i consider fuzz and must be tapered the **** down! :pac:

Dominion sounds alright, in Murray's bar? i love 80s goth n wave u can't beat the atmosphere of a sophisticated deathrock discotheque. i find that stuff more melodic n malevolent but its gotta have that 80s sheen! don't get me wrong i grew up on metal but its a bit feeble hi-end adolescent noise now into my 30s.. must get to Dominion!

yeah its beside londis if your coming out of fibbers and goin to the spire, think its murrays bar, its the door to the right and down the stairs.

...A different country. In my experience Irish metalheads are loudmouths that couldn't find a shower if you gave them a map
    :(

...A different country. In my experience Irish metalheads are loudmouths that couldn't find a shower if you gave them a map
    ah thats not very nice:(

Dominion is not a gay bar, it's not a homophobic one either.

http://www.metalireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tinkerbell1

Yeh but are these places full of kids now...cos Im an oldie!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeh but are these places full of kids now...cos Im an oldie!;)

Well, those are the places the oldies still drink in anyway, so if you want to go out and meet older rocker types, you're going to have to put up with the kids.

I suppose...Pity theres not a dating site..lol!!:o

Well, those are the places the oldies still drink in anyway, so if you want to go out and meet older rocker types, you're going to have to put up with the kids.

Or wait for the next black sabbath tour...

ah thats not very nice:(
    Don't shoot the messenger :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I suppose...Pity theres not a dating site..lol!!:o

http://www.metal-dating.com/

• Advertisement

Thanks for that...but doesnt seem to be any current members in Ireland on it.not in my age range anyway..:confused:

If your looking for a date then try a dating site and search there for the long hair metal guy of your dreams.

Speaking of hot rocker types has anyone else spotted the goth guy in the new Benetton ad campaign? *drools*

Nah..not my type....slash outa guns n Roses wud be more my kinda guy!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I'd like to know the same for Cork pretty much. Freds is nice enough but it's not a place to meet new people really. Ireland in general is bad for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

I was actually pleasantly suprised with the crowd at Winterfest down here in Cork, talked to some nice guys. I think a lot of the metallers aren't too bad. A lot of the more "artsy" types I'd generally align myself more with can be a bit worrying and pretentious though, Irish artsy people often seem to be, sucks balls. The metallers on the other hand were up for a laugh, but at the same time weren't so "laid back" as to have pretty worthless personalities(another thing I've found).

They were a lot nicer than the crowd at Seasick Steve...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vevadox

go over to germany

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Oh dear.

So,where to find hot female rocker types?

Emmmm,emmmm,emmmm,:rolleyes:

Christ on a bike.

If the sumotal of your desires stretch to Slash then pick any weekend,pack up some sandwiches and a flask of soup in your Him ruck sack and head for Temple Bar,there are loadsa long haired dirt bags wearing raggy guns n roses shirts,just bring a crepe paper top hat with you and the illusion will be complete.

Advertisement