Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franks RedHot sauce now available in Sligo

Options
  • 11-03-2010 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

After bothering the nice BR marketing rep. (importer/distributor for Franks in Ireland) every few months to see if Franks sauce is available anywhere close to Sligo (I have no car unfortunately) he finally decided to get a box to Dunnes and Centra.

Well it only took 6months from my first phone call until it finally arrived in Sligo. Until now the next closes place to get the sauce was Carrik-on-shannon. Glad my persistance paid off at the end.

Anyways if people think I am nuts going that crazy about a sauce then I am glad I am not alone. Just have a look at this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055623175

I hope I am not the only one benefiting from getting this sauce now in Sligo but maybe others that either like it or want to try it will benefit too.

There are a few ppl that dont like the sauce if you do read the thread mentioned above but they are in a very small minority. Some people also claim that the sauce is very similar to Elephant castle in Dublin for their chicken wings. I cant confirm this because I never had wings there.

Anyways just wanted to let people know. Also if nobody in Sligo likes the sauce Dunnes and Centra probably wont order more. I think they just got it because of the BR marketing rep. and he got it because of me.

Well I hope it stays considering most places offer the same BBQ sauces and I am nuts about Franks redhot sauce for my chicken wings.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

fair play to you...which centra? is it hot? I think i'll try it...

Im a big fan of Encora...very versatile..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I'll have to look out for that. Big sauce fans in this house.
    At the moment they are all hooked on Malaysian Satay Sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭rh5555

Yeah Dunnes has it for sure as of today (11/3). The Centra Maugherabo in Sligo across the football field should have it either today or by the end of this week.

I use it exclusively for the chicken wings. Having lived in the U.S. for 10years I became a huge chicken wings fan and Franks sauce is the sauce they used in the original recipes from Buffalo (Bufallo chicken wings)

Anyways if you would like to see recipes for the chicken wings click on that link above. Its 20pages on boards.ie just about this sauce.

At Dunnes the large bottle (12 oz) of the original Franks sauce is e2.99. Also if you make chicken wings there is a Franks for chicken wings sauce but you should not use that. Only the original one. Thats why when the BR mkt rep. asked me what sauce I told him the original. Just add butter as instructed and enjoy.

As for being hot - its too mild for me but might be hot for someone else. I add Cayenne powder until I reach my desired level. Doesnt change the taste only the 'hotness'

P.S. This is their website: http://www.franksredhot.com/ and Wikipedia about Franks http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank%27s_Red_Hot

Do u mean Encora MM? its well hot...but if you add it to standard dishes it really brings them to life...some folk use it as a dipping type sauce, but i find its best as an ingredient...its about €1.50 in tescos sligo.....enjoy...

ps: thats me popping to centra mboy tmr...caoi!!

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'll have to look out for that. Big sauce fans in this house.
    At the moment they are all hooked on Malaysian Satay Sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Frank's is also nice drizzled over pizza.....

• Advertisement

Xiney wrote: »
    Frank's is also nice drizzled over pizza.....

I'm sure its nice drizzled over a lot of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

durty!

lol.

Yeah i have to admit I never really tried Franks with anything else besides chicken wings. Well I did once on chicken burgers. So I guess I should say I never put it on anything besides chicken related food.

But its true some people put that stuff on everything.

Well I am just glad that some people like that sauce or want to try it. Would be strange to bother the BR mkt guy that much and then being the only one that buys it:)

BTW. Centra hasn't contacted me yet about whether they got the sauce in or not. I bought 1 bottle at Dunnes yest. but wanted to buy 3bottles in total (lived through too many 'Franks-less' times). Just figured if Centra is nice enough to give me a call when they get it in I may as well buy 2bottles there. However no phone call so far which means they may not have it. Just in case someone tries to get it from Centra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 b69

I bought two in dunnes today so your not alone
    I am going to try it later hope it's as good as it's made out to be:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Do u mean Encora MM? its well hot...but if you add it to standard dishes it really brings them to life...some folk use it as a dipping type sauce, but i find its best as an ingredient...its about €1.50 in tescos sligo.....enjoy...

ps: thats me popping to centra mboy tmr...caoi!!

It's Blue Dragon satay sauce. They do a chinese BBQ sauce as well, we haven't tried that one yet.

• Advertisement

to b69. Lol.

Maybe you should have went with 1 bottle first. As I said in the 20+ page thread about the sauce there are very few ppl that dont like the sauce. Something like 3 out of 50 so don't sue me if you don't.:)

But then again you can picture the greatest thing in life and probably find someone that doesn't like it.

P.S. If you do use it for chicken wings make sure you do add butter as instructed on the back of the bottle. Some ppl like the wings breaded or marinated. I just bake the wings and then toss them into the sauce so they get nice and covered.

Advertisement