Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ard Scoil Ris

Options
  • 11-03-2010 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Congrats on their Harty Cup win today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Black Dog

Yea, I'm delighted. My son works in the school, was involved with the team, just rang me and is delighted, thrilled etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Dessie will be pissed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Fair play to Ard Scoil, first "premier" competition Limerick hurling has won in a long time. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

RonMexico wrote: »
    Dessie will be chuffed:D

Dessie is a rugby coach ;):D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Got a text from my dad about this a few hours ago. I didn't even know the game was on today until he told me the result. 8 lads on the panel play for Na Piarsaigh CLG so I'd know them well. Absolutely delighted for them :)

(the first replay last weekend was a thriller to listen to as well, so I'm looking forward to reading a match report for today's game.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

Dessie is a rugby coach ;):D

He'll still be pissed. Well done all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Shame that one of the coaches is one of the people that has helped make Limerick hurling a national laughing stock :D

Only joking, fair dues to the lads, very impressive victory. 3 games in 12 days seems like a lot for young fellas so fair play to all of them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Well done to the lads. Was all about the rugby back in my day. Well done to the team and of course Derek, Liam and the rest of the coaching team.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Fair play to Ard Scoil, first "premier" competition Limerick hurling has won in a long time. Well done.

Fair play to Ard Scoil. Was CBS the last Limerick school to win it before them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Well done, a great achievement! It's reassuring to read that some semblance of normality exists in the city outside of the many horror stories in this forum. Congratulations to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Indeed a great victory and refreshing to see that the majority of the guys on the team come from clubs within the county, such as Na Piarsaigh, Adare, Patrickswell, Granagh-Ballingarry, Croagh-Kilfinny, etc. There are high hopes for the likes of Declan Hannon and John Fitzgibbon and rightly so. Congrats to all involved, fantastic for the school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

there is a hell of a lot of money been spent on sporting facilitys there at the moment, over 1m i am told, they always had a good record in sport, did they not capture 2 national titles in basketball a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

flutered wrote: »
    there is a hell of a lot of money been spent on sporting facilitys there at the moment, over 1m i am told, they always had a good record in sport, did they not capture 2 national titles in basketball a few years ago.

Ardscoil have had mixed fortunes in sports, probably too small a school to ever be fully competitive across a range of sports. Of course, it's the best school in Ireland, best school in Ireland, best school in Ireland.

Great win for the hurlers and with Niall Moran teaching there, he'll look to build on it. The rugby team were robbed by the ref in the junior cup last week too, rugby's still going well there.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

This year the basketball team got into two semi-finals,so hopefully the school will have more joy next year.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

We're going to Croker!!!! :D

Ardscoil Rís 3-13 Kilkenny CBS 2-11, what a result!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭manna452121

Super win again.They will be playing St Kiernans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

We won blackboard jungle, we won blackboard jungle, da na na na!

best school in Ireland, best school in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

excellent win but not going to Croker :( - its on in Thurles in 2 wks instead. These guys have given so many hours of excellent hurling this year. Well done to all of them. Alan Dempsey man of the match today but theres a host of them who could have gotten it. Tks Ard Scoil for great play.

Advertisement