Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement Party Ideas?

Options
  • 11-03-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34,117 ✭✭✭✭

Im going to one next week.

Was wondering should you get a present for them in first place and secondly if yes what typ present would be reasonable?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 steena

I don't know if it's necessary to buy engagement presents, especially if the couple are already living together, but a nice gift that I have gotten for couples in the past is a Newbridge salt and pepper shaker. They have (or had last time I checked!) two different kinds, one more modern and one traditional. In both cases, the shakers when put together make one piece, one unit.
    Depending on how well you know the couple, some Bridal Magazines can be a fun gift...!
    Hope this helps.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 101 ✭✭catlovesmike

A bottle of champagne is as far as you need to go...save the gifts for the wedding!

Advertisement