Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else with due date in the end of March????

• 11-03-2010 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi girls,

I am just nearing my due date with my first baby.. no need to say I feel a bit all over the place at this stage when not really sure what to expect etc.
    I can not wait for our little one to arrive but in the same time I would love to meet...know someone in the same stage of pregnancy etc. I just turned 30 but all my friends are still party animals and so I am pretty lonely on this side of the river.... anyone with the due date in the end of this month????? :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi girls,

I am just nearing my due date with my first baby.. no need to say I feel a bit all over the place at this stage when not really sure what to expect etc.
    I can not wait for our little one to arrive but in the same time I would love to meet...know someone in the same stage of pregnancy etc. I just turned 30 but all my friends are still party animals and so I am pretty lonely on this side of the river.... anyone with the due date in the end of this month????? :-)

hi Elle13, I am due 29th March with my first, and am also 30. am finishing up in work tmw, and everything else is kind of on hold till then! am looking forward to everything to come, it'll be a huge adventure, moving onto the next stage of my life.
    Unlike you though, most of my friends are older, and have already gone through my stage of life.
    I wouldn't worry though, you will find that everything will fall into place, and you'll still have your friends, along with a beautiful tiny baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭garden

Hi i'm "due" on the 29th too. This is my second but my first was 9 years ago as a single mam - so things very much different this time and it feels like my first. You are near the end now so you won't have much time to feel lonely. You should head over to rollercoaster.ie they have a March mums to be board and it is great to exchange tips, complaints and bargains with other mams due around the same time. Its also a great support when you have your baby as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hey girls

I am due the 28th of March and i'm 24. Have been out of work for all of this pregnancy :( so not sure if that why i'm feeling so great. Have noticed that i'm waking up at mad hour of 7/8 and then by 10 at night i'm wrecked but thats prob the baby getting me use to waking up early for feeding.

Starting to get nervous, have everything ready but can't believe sometimes that i'm going to be a mother any day now.

Also have your babies heads engaged? Mine still hasn't but the head is down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

I'm due in a week but I really feel I'm on the way now, trying to hold off til tomorrow though! I don't want to be stuck in there ages waiting! I've only really relaxed this week and been on the go all the time so now it's finally here it almost seems surreal! Fingers crossed all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

im overdue now, but if this baby doesnt come out soon then ill be being induced the end of march. Grr.

• Advertisement

I wanted to bring it on. Old wive's tales work sometimes! Sessions tend to work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

I'm due in a week but I really feel I'm on the way now, trying to hold off til tomorrow though! I don't want to be stuck in there ages waiting! I've only really relaxed this week and been on the go all the time so now it's finally here it almost seems surreal! Fingers crossed all goes well.

The best of luck hun! Hope all goes well for you and your little one. I am so jealous... I would swap wit you if i could!
    Let us know how all went! xxx

Ok felt real movement on the 14th, nothing since. I can't hold off anymore, been on this all morning trying to distract myself! Here we go, Patrick's Day babies are almost a tradition in my family so might well happen today! Fingers crossed!

Good luck Gaelige!

Heya hon -- this is NOT meant as a discouragement...but you aren't due for a few days, so try not to get your hopes up too too much! I was told I was going early since christmas and was desperate to get it out too, and now I'm a week over due and have had loads of movement. Try to not focus on it just in case of dissapointment!!
    That was the advice other people gave me the last few weeks, and I was silly and ignored them, and now I have crying fits all the time!!

However, good luck and i do hope baby comes soon!

• Advertisement

10 days till my due date and seriously feeling strange all day for past few weeks felt great out shopping and walking for hours with friends had more energy then before i got preg.

Then today i woke up at 7 wanting to bake scones, really weird as this my first craving. Then all day I feel really really tired, pain in my lower back and at the top of my thighs also stomach a bit upset. Baby is active but not too much. Kinda would like it to be labour but not getting my hopes up as i'll be just disappointed if its not and also i've got the sky man coming on Friday and I really want sky lol.

yea i'd a good bit of discomfort down low yesterday, but reckon its just babs dropping a bit. My bump is still really high. I keep telling myself nothing going to happen for ages, and am expecting to be induced, that way I won't be dissappointed. and anyway thats the most realistic way of looking at is, cos statistically it is far more likely!

I live in Cork, and am planning on a day trip with OH to Carlow for the day on Sun, do ye think I'm a bit mad, or would ye go? It'll be 2.5 hr trip in the car each way and then maybe 4-5 hrs at an event in a hotel where I can move around as I want. I don't want to miss out on the day, but realise its a long time in the car, tho naturally we'll break the trip whenever I want.

What do ye think, am I being silly in insisting on going? Will take the bags just in case of course...

Yea i keep tellin myself that baby won't be here till the 8th of April that when hosp said they'd bring me in if I haven't gone myself. But somedays I think every twinge is the start of it. Kinda hoping for a April baby as the Coombe are going to take away visitors restrictions then.

I think on Sunday if you feel up for it sure just go, I went out to Bray the other day and that meant 1hr bus journey and 40min on the train each way but just to be somewhere diff with the sea air gave me loads of energy. Ended up walking for miles and took all my focus off baby coming which was good.

More then likely we'll be in labour for hours so plenty of time to get to hosp and sure you have to live as well.

thats exactly it, I'll be much more tied after Baby comes, and at least himself will be with me, rather than being left at home for a long day on my own.
    That would be great if the restrictions will be lifted soon, hope its the same in Cork, must have a look on their web to see...
    Cheers Bulmersgal!!;)

Hey girlies,

well nothing happening at my end ether. I am due on the 30th but ever since I was about 6 months they kept telling me it looks like it could be two weeks early.. here I am still nothing :-)
    I am having them kinda fake contractions now and again for past two weeks or so but nothing real is happening.
    The midwife in the hospital said last week the baby still needs to come a good bit down so I was kinda dissapointed but then... went for check up to my GP yesterday and ask him if the babys head was engaged.. he said the head is fully engaged and the baby is as low as it could possibly be sooooo... I am really excited now.. cant sleep much in the nite time so I am catching up on sleep during the day and hoping the baby will make its way out soon... just cant wait! :-)
    Any of you having your baby in Holles street?

Afraid I'm Cork Elle.
    what they said sounds positive alright, but even so don't build yourself up for a dissappointment.
    I had those fake contractions a few times too, one day had them for 8 hours, but knew they weren't the real thing as high up in the belly.

Hope ur feeling ok today, I was grand all morning, but have this completely unexepcted cramp in my foot at the mo, very strange...:confused:

Ah girls, im in a really slow labour now...and all I can say to you who are nearing the end....don't think about it!! Get lots of rest, spoil yourself, and go out and do all the wonderful things you enjoy while you can.

I didn't get the chance because of all the false labour, but I guarantee you time will go much faster if you do!

Fi -- I get a lot of cramps like that too. I found that in the last two weeks ligaments were even softer, and muscles would cramp really easy! Hot baths are your friend. Also, try getting some Arnica oil. A friend of mine bought it for me at christmas and it works WONDERS for cramping. I even use it on the contractions and it helps a good deal. Obviously not with the really bad ones at the end, but it is fantastic stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

hacked wrote: »
    Ah girls, im in a really slow labour now...and all I can say to you who are nearing the end....don't think about it!! Get lots of rest, spoil yourself, and go out and do all the wonderful things you enjoy while you can.

I didn't get the chance because of all the false labour, but I guarantee you time will go much faster if you do!

Fi -- I get a lot of cramps like that too. I found that in the last two weeks ligaments were even softer, and muscles would cramp really easy! Hot baths are your friend. Also, try getting some Arnica oil. A friend of mine bought it for me at christmas and it works WONDERS for cramping. I even use it on the contractions and it helps a good deal. Obviously not with the really bad ones at the end, but it is fantastic stuff!
    Wishing you all the best and hugs, was in today myself.

For once I was bang on! Have myself a beautiful boy, came home yesterday morning after less than 2 days in there. Was more than enough, just wanted home. And thank God plan went according to plan, am exhausted now, want my bed. Well worth every second, he's amazing, I can't stop looking at him. 9lbs, 2. Fine big boy, would do it right now again in a heartbeat. Best of luck to all the rest of ye.

For once I was bang on! Have myself a beautiful boy, came home yesterday morning after less than 2 days in there. Was more than enough, just wanted home. And thank God plan went according to plan, am exhausted now, want my bed. Well worth every second, he's amazing, I can't stop looking at him. 9lbs, 2. Fine big boy, would do it right now again in a heartbeat. Best of luck to all the rest of ye.

Hi Gaeilgegrinds,

wow...massive congratulations on your ne little boy's arrival!!! Hope both of you are doing well!
    I have a question hope you dont mind... which hosp did you have your little one in and what kind of pain relieve have you used?
    Thanks a mill and once again hudge congrats!!!

Elle xxxx

• Advertisement

Had him in Galway. Believe it or not nothing only luck! And yes it hurts like hell but no I don't regret it. Very quick recovery. So happy now, he's a trooper!

ah delighted you had your baby and everything went well.

Now me next please :D

bulmersgal wrote: »
    ah delighted you had your baby and everything went well.

Now me next please :D
    We may beat you, son distressed so being monitored, would be a c section...should know more Thursday.

Oh Cathy I really hope I beat you.

Hopefully everything will go well on Thursday and you won't need section, you have a little strong fighter in there. But your nearly 36 weeks right so even if he needs to come out he should be grand as 37 weeks is full term.

Oh Cathy I really hope I beat you.

Hopefully everything will go well on Thursday and you won't need section, you have a little strong fighter in there. But your nearly 36 weeks right so even if he needs to come out he should be grand as 37 weeks is full term.
    I always expected a section as my medical history is odd, he is still deciding between breech and normal, have been told that 2nd is the latest date we can expect him...good luck to you too.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I always expected a section as my medical history is odd, he is still deciding between breech and normal, have been told that 2nd is the latest date we can expect him...good luck to you too.

The best of luck Cathy!!! I am sure all will go well and hey.. he is already gone his full term in there so he will be grand and so will you :-)
    Fingers crossed and dont forget to let us know..
    Now.. me next please! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

CathyMoran wrote: »

wow Cathy so close now! Good luck. If he needs to be in an incubator for a few days don't worry about it. When they're little it's harder for them to regulate their body temp and the incubator will keep him nice and warm. It's not as scary as it looks.

Conrgats to gaelige grinds, looking forward to a pic etc soon!

Well went to Carlow on Sunday, and had a great day, very relaxed, thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm into wk 40 now, due on Monday coming, but I seriously doubt there will be anything for ages, as I don't think babs has dropped much at all. Off to doc this eve so see what she says to me!!

Cathy, sorry to hear baby still distressed, but you have come so far and done so well, that I am certain all will be well for you all. Do keep up informed.

I presume Hacked must be in at this stage, seeing as she has been quiet for a few days now, hmmm....

Bulmersgal, how're u feeling today?

Hacked had a baby girl 2 days ago called Isobell, I think one of the girls put a announcement on preg womens moan thread or the the preg thread.

glad you enjoy Carlow, would of been crap to cancel and then be sitting at home bored.

I'm very very restless at the moment, baby is moving down but seem to of found a nice spot....of course its right on my sciatica nerve so when i walk for more then 10 min i get mad shooting pain all on one side. Read in my book that some people get it from mid to late preg so can't really complain too much. Just dying to meet baby, due on Sunday but keep tellin myself even if i go over i'll only have to wait 16days till i get induced. I'm in hosp 2mo so going to ask for a sweep.

How you feeling yourself?

• Advertisement

I wont be putting up a picture only cos himself is funny about things like that but he's very dark, his Dad is sallow though. So far so good, exhausted to be honest, more from the birth than anything else, he's an ok sleeper. Best of luck to all the rest of ye, I hope it all goes well.

Hacked had a baby girl 2 days ago called Isobell, I think one of the girls put a announcement on preg womens moan thread or the the preg thread.

glad you enjoy Carlow, would of been crap to cancel and then be sitting at home bored.

I'm very very restless at the moment, baby is moving down but seem to of found a nice spot....of course its right on my sciatica nerve so when i walk for more then 10 min i get mad shooting pain all on one side. Read in my book that some people get it from mid to late preg so can't really complain too much. Just dying to meet baby, due on Sunday but keep tellin myself even if i go over i'll only have to wait 16days till i get induced. I'm in hosp 2mo so going to ask for a sweep.

How you feeling yourself?

Hiya bulmersgal,

i have the same thing.. baby moved about two weeks ago into this ''great position'' so if I need to walk more then 15 mins I get this mad pain and have to take a rest for a bit before I can walk more. I am due in another 7 days but I really hope the baba will come a bit earlier..
    Just restless and exhausted from not sleeping well..
    I guess the excitement is kicking in as well.
    I am off to hosp tomorrow for a check up with midwife so will see if she has any good news for us.. only hope I wont go over due.. that would scare the with out of me..
    Anyway hope you feel well and the baba comes soon.

It seems I am faring a bit better than u guys, get lower back ache if I do too much, but other than that am feeling great, and absolutley loving my free time before the baby comes.
    Unfortunately I'm not back in the hospital for another week, I'll be 2 days over by then, so am expecting the full works, exam, sweep then.
    Bulmersgal, let me know how you get on later!
    Elle, glad to see you're doing ok!!

congrats gailegegrinds!

Yep, i had my little girl on sunday. It's so amazing! Can't wait till you all join me and experience it for yourselves. :)

Yay the baby has gotten out of that position so able to walk again woohoo :D

Went to hosp today and during my check up there was a trainee midwife who was training and they were doing my check up. So she went to check the babies heartbeat and couldn't find it, so little worried but then the other midwife came over and she tried to fine it. 3/4 minutes later they still couldn't find it, so of course i'm having a little panic attack in my head. Then they noticed that doppler light was flashing low battery so they replaced battery and another minute or so later they found it. I was like so relieved, was really worrying as my babies daddy's ex had a still born son at 39 weeks a few years ago.was hoping they'd do a sweep but nope, got a scan tho and everything great.

How'd u get on with ur midwife Elle?

fi1979 glad to hear everything is going well with you, hopefully you'll of have baby by next week and won't need to go back to hosp.

Hacked congrats again on ur little girl, can't wait to join you either

Hi girls,

well went to see the midvife this morning. First suprise was I was the only one there to see her at the time I got there so that was a great help. Midwie I ussually see was out sick or something so got another one to look after me.. she was really nice even though very direct.. she asked me do i know when to come to the hosp. when the labour comes.. so I just repeated what we were told in antenatal class and thats when the contractions are 10 minutes apart... she just looked at me and said bull... ha ha I kinda thought I would leave it a bit longer but she said not to leave the house the they are coming at least 5 mins apart and at least for 45 mins.. that kinda made me feel better a bit as I am horrified of coming to the hosp. too early and hang around in pain..
    Anyway.. other then that she said the baby is all ready to pop and could hardly be in better position for birth.. she said she thinks it will happen very soon so I got my excitement back again.
    I have also asked her if she would chance and guess the size of the baby so she said yeah.. just gave it a proper feel then without a doubt said she would say 8.3 a nice size of a baby so now there is nothing else I can do but wait and see..
    Glad all went well for you in hosp. earlier on.. the battery in heart beat monitor went on me in there once before too so I know how you felt :-)
    Keep me posted girls.xxx

• Advertisement

wow elle sounds like ur ready for road!! Thats fantastic!!

Funny enough I had the doppler scare at the docs yesterday, the nurse saw me first and couldn't find the heartbeat for ages. I kind of knew things were fine, but I could see panic building on her face, and was getting a teensy bit panicked. She everntually found it and all was fine. Said it was defo horses hooves, I can never remember which is meant to be a girl and which is a boy, horses hooves or train tracks?? Can any of ye remember?:confused:

Hacked congrats again, am so delighted for you, how long did you stay in hospital? I am presuming ur out now?

Ah I know Fi.. it all sounded so possitive but sure you never know.. I better set my mind up on the real due date in this stage just in case I get there :rolleyes:

I cant remember which is which ether... do you have any feelings if you are carying a boy or a girl?

I havent a clue to be honest.. there was a time I thought it was definately a boy then it changed to a girl then back to a boy again so as I said I dont have a clue so it will be proper suprise ;)

Hacked.. congrats on you little girl.. delighted all went well for you.. whats her name if you dont mind me askin?

It sounds like good things are happening with you girls...hoping you aren't waiting too long. I'm not going to be able to leave the forum till I see each of you through!! :)

Fi -- Yep, I just got out this morning. Had her 10.45 am sunday...so sunday-wednesday. They were going to send me home yesterday, but I wasn't able to get a lift and they were happy to have me stay another night if I felt I needed it. I'm really glad I did as the fisrt two nights the midwives took her from me so i could sleep, and last night I kept her myself so that I could get used to having her on my own.

Elle -- I named her Isobel. :)

What a beautiful name... really really lovely! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pinkdust

Hi everyone,

Sorry to interfere... Have been reading the thread and ye all sound so nice wishing eachother well and what not. Im 25 and due my first in September! I know...ages away but reading your thread has actually gotten me so excited for it ! Would love to be having mine this week!
    Congratulations to all of you and Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Hi Pinkdust,

congrats on your pregnancy and hey.. time will fly by.. It will be September before you know and you will have your little tiny baby too.. at this minute we are all on the same boat...still waiting for the day D to come ;)
    In the mean time relax and enjoying life as much as you can.. you will need all your strenght in the last couple of weeks :p It really can get a bit hard and maybe even tough but we will all get there in the end ;)
    The best of luck.x

Hi Pinkdust

I remember last year looking at all the other girls on diff website thinking i'd never get that far or that it was ages away. Then I shut my eyes for what felt like 2 secs and i'm due any day now and not in 34 weeks lol. Enjoy the next few months and try to stay as active as you can coz it really helps when you get to this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pinkdust

Thanks a million... absolutely can not wait for my day to come :D
    Best of luck to all of you!

Just reporting in girls, no baby still lol!

Any sign of your little ones?

nothing doing here!! Was just thinking this could be my last weekend before becoming a Mammy!!
    Elle's been quiet tho, maybe she has news, as she was all lined up earlier last week!!:D

aw i hope so! I've been trying to pop in and keep up with you girls, but I don't get much time to post! Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous little people!

Hi girls, am afraid nothing happening at my end ether...:(
    Just never got chance to pop in.. very tired these days and kinda having weird sleeping patern so can not sleep much at night but catching up during the day then...
    I really thought baby would be here by now.. must be really comfy in there:rolleyes:
    Was thinking some of you mite have some news as yous were quiet for a bit too..
    Well, my due date is on Tuesday so I am just hoping I wont go over..
    How are you girls feeling???

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Can't blame the baby cos he is great but I'm really not getting decent sleep. His Dad is working loads these days and I think I might be anxious. My Mom says I look really tired too. I've been up since his 4am feed, he was back to sleep by about twenty past but I've only had 2 hours yet. I feel sick with tiredness. Sorry for complaining, I shouldn't. But I know most people don't sleep because the baby is up, I don't sleep cos I'm wound up. I'm loving this time but I can't help but worry. Mr.Gg is a saint and as soon as he is home takes over but the poor man is working 16 hour shifts and I can't ask him to do anymore.

Gaeilgegrinds

Maybe you just need something to do to relax some mornings around 5/6 when I get up to pee yet again I find it very hard to get back asleep coz my mind starts to worry about all stupid little things. I'm finding the best thing to do is get a book thats not baby related and just read it, only get through a few pages and I do be asleep again.

Other from this my sleep has been fine, noticing myself getting up earlier say around 9 and staying up but yest I forced myself to stay in bed the whole day as I was sick to death of being exhausted.

My due date is today.....feels very strange. Its like the time has gone so quick. Going to my cousin's babies christening in a while. Hoping that will take my mind off fact I'm still here.

My sleep pattern seems to have remained fairly settled, though I am waking earlier, and can't stay in bed once I wake, just not comfy then. Generally waking from half 6 onwards and getting up.
    Had a late night last nite, bed after 2 old time and just up now.
    Had a lovely time, like a celeb everyone calling over, and was AMAZED I was out lol, get to smile at em all and say "yes I'm still here, yes Monday is the Big day" ha ha shoulda got a record, but sure I didn't mind!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement