Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else with due date in the end of March????

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hacked had a baby girl 2 days ago called Isobell, I think one of the girls put a announcement on preg womens moan thread or the the preg thread.

glad you enjoy Carlow, would of been crap to cancel and then be sitting at home bored.

I'm very very restless at the moment, baby is moving down but seem to of found a nice spot....of course its right on my sciatica nerve so when i walk for more then 10 min i get mad shooting pain all on one side. Read in my book that some people get it from mid to late preg so can't really complain too much. Just dying to meet baby, due on Sunday but keep tellin myself even if i go over i'll only have to wait 16days till i get induced. I'm in hosp 2mo so going to ask for a sweep.

How you feeling yourself?

Hiya bulmersgal,

i have the same thing.. baby moved about two weeks ago into this ''great position'' so if I need to walk more then 15 mins I get this mad pain and have to take a rest for a bit before I can walk more. I am due in another 7 days but I really hope the baba will come a bit earlier..
    Just restless and exhausted from not sleeping well..
    I guess the excitement is kicking in as well.
    I am off to hosp tomorrow for a check up with midwife so will see if she has any good news for us.. only hope I wont go over due.. that would scare the with out of me..
    Anyway hope you feel well and the baba comes soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

It seems I am faring a bit better than u guys, get lower back ache if I do too much, but other than that am feeling great, and absolutley loving my free time before the baby comes.
    Unfortunately I'm not back in the hospital for another week, I'll be 2 days over by then, so am expecting the full works, exam, sweep then.
    Bulmersgal, let me know how you get on later!
    Elle, glad to see you're doing ok!!

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

congrats gailegegrinds!

Yep, i had my little girl on sunday. It's so amazing! Can't wait till you all join me and experience it for yourselves. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Yay the baby has gotten out of that position so able to walk again woohoo :D

Went to hosp today and during my check up there was a trainee midwife who was training and they were doing my check up. So she went to check the babies heartbeat and couldn't find it, so little worried but then the other midwife came over and she tried to fine it. 3/4 minutes later they still couldn't find it, so of course i'm having a little panic attack in my head. Then they noticed that doppler light was flashing low battery so they replaced battery and another minute or so later they found it. I was like so relieved, was really worrying as my babies daddy's ex had a still born son at 39 weeks a few years ago.was hoping they'd do a sweep but nope, got a scan tho and everything great.

How'd u get on with ur midwife Elle?

fi1979 glad to hear everything is going well with you, hopefully you'll of have baby by next week and won't need to go back to hosp.

Hacked congrats again on ur little girl, can't wait to join you either

Hi girls,

well went to see the midvife this morning. First suprise was I was the only one there to see her at the time I got there so that was a great help. Midwie I ussually see was out sick or something so got another one to look after me.. she was really nice even though very direct.. she asked me do i know when to come to the hosp. when the labour comes.. so I just repeated what we were told in antenatal class and thats when the contractions are 10 minutes apart... she just looked at me and said bull... ha ha I kinda thought I would leave it a bit longer but she said not to leave the house the they are coming at least 5 mins apart and at least for 45 mins.. that kinda made me feel better a bit as I am horrified of coming to the hosp. too early and hang around in pain..
    Anyway.. other then that she said the baby is all ready to pop and could hardly be in better position for birth.. she said she thinks it will happen very soon so I got my excitement back again.
    I have also asked her if she would chance and guess the size of the baby so she said yeah.. just gave it a proper feel then without a doubt said she would say 8.3 a nice size of a baby so now there is nothing else I can do but wait and see..
    Glad all went well for you in hosp. earlier on.. the battery in heart beat monitor went on me in there once before too so I know how you felt :-)
    Keep me posted girls.xxx

• Advertisement

wow elle sounds like ur ready for road!! Thats fantastic!!

Funny enough I had the doppler scare at the docs yesterday, the nurse saw me first and couldn't find the heartbeat for ages. I kind of knew things were fine, but I could see panic building on her face, and was getting a teensy bit panicked. She everntually found it and all was fine. Said it was defo horses hooves, I can never remember which is meant to be a girl and which is a boy, horses hooves or train tracks?? Can any of ye remember?:confused:

Hacked congrats again, am so delighted for you, how long did you stay in hospital? I am presuming ur out now?

Ah I know Fi.. it all sounded so possitive but sure you never know.. I better set my mind up on the real due date in this stage just in case I get there :rolleyes:

I cant remember which is which ether... do you have any feelings if you are carying a boy or a girl?

I havent a clue to be honest.. there was a time I thought it was definately a boy then it changed to a girl then back to a boy again so as I said I dont have a clue so it will be proper suprise ;)

Hacked.. congrats on you little girl.. delighted all went well for you.. whats her name if you dont mind me askin?

It sounds like good things are happening with you girls...hoping you aren't waiting too long. I'm not going to be able to leave the forum till I see each of you through!! :)

Fi -- Yep, I just got out this morning. Had her 10.45 am sunday...so sunday-wednesday. They were going to send me home yesterday, but I wasn't able to get a lift and they were happy to have me stay another night if I felt I needed it. I'm really glad I did as the fisrt two nights the midwives took her from me so i could sleep, and last night I kept her myself so that I could get used to having her on my own.

Elle -- I named her Isobel. :)

What a beautiful name... really really lovely! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pinkdust

Hi everyone,

Sorry to interfere... Have been reading the thread and ye all sound so nice wishing eachother well and what not. Im 25 and due my first in September! I know...ages away but reading your thread has actually gotten me so excited for it ! Would love to be having mine this week!
    Congratulations to all of you and Best of luck :)

• Advertisement

Hi Pinkdust,

congrats on your pregnancy and hey.. time will fly by.. It will be September before you know and you will have your little tiny baby too.. at this minute we are all on the same boat...still waiting for the day D to come ;)
    In the mean time relax and enjoying life as much as you can.. you will need all your strenght in the last couple of weeks :p It really can get a bit hard and maybe even tough but we will all get there in the end ;)
    The best of luck.x

Hi Pinkdust

I remember last year looking at all the other girls on diff website thinking i'd never get that far or that it was ages away. Then I shut my eyes for what felt like 2 secs and i'm due any day now and not in 34 weeks lol. Enjoy the next few months and try to stay as active as you can coz it really helps when you get to this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Pinkdust

Thanks a million... absolutely can not wait for my day to come :D
    Best of luck to all of you!

Just reporting in girls, no baby still lol!

Any sign of your little ones?

nothing doing here!! Was just thinking this could be my last weekend before becoming a Mammy!!
    Elle's been quiet tho, maybe she has news, as she was all lined up earlier last week!!:D

aw i hope so! I've been trying to pop in and keep up with you girls, but I don't get much time to post! Can't wait to see pics of your gorgeous little people!

Hi girls, am afraid nothing happening at my end ether...:(
    Just never got chance to pop in.. very tired these days and kinda having weird sleeping patern so can not sleep much at night but catching up during the day then...
    I really thought baby would be here by now.. must be really comfy in there:rolleyes:
    Was thinking some of you mite have some news as yous were quiet for a bit too..
    Well, my due date is on Tuesday so I am just hoping I wont go over..
    How are you girls feeling???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Can't blame the baby cos he is great but I'm really not getting decent sleep. His Dad is working loads these days and I think I might be anxious. My Mom says I look really tired too. I've been up since his 4am feed, he was back to sleep by about twenty past but I've only had 2 hours yet. I feel sick with tiredness. Sorry for complaining, I shouldn't. But I know most people don't sleep because the baby is up, I don't sleep cos I'm wound up. I'm loving this time but I can't help but worry. Mr.Gg is a saint and as soon as he is home takes over but the poor man is working 16 hour shifts and I can't ask him to do anymore.

Gaeilgegrinds

Maybe you just need something to do to relax some mornings around 5/6 when I get up to pee yet again I find it very hard to get back asleep coz my mind starts to worry about all stupid little things. I'm finding the best thing to do is get a book thats not baby related and just read it, only get through a few pages and I do be asleep again.

Other from this my sleep has been fine, noticing myself getting up earlier say around 9 and staying up but yest I forced myself to stay in bed the whole day as I was sick to death of being exhausted.

My due date is today.....feels very strange. Its like the time has gone so quick. Going to my cousin's babies christening in a while. Hoping that will take my mind off fact I'm still here.

My sleep pattern seems to have remained fairly settled, though I am waking earlier, and can't stay in bed once I wake, just not comfy then. Generally waking from half 6 onwards and getting up.
    Had a late night last nite, bed after 2 old time and just up now.
    Had a lovely time, like a celeb everyone calling over, and was AMAZED I was out lol, get to smile at em all and say "yes I'm still here, yes Monday is the Big day" ha ha shoulda got a record, but sure I didn't mind!!!

• Advertisement

Hi girls,

my sleeping patern has been very bad for past 3 weeks or so. I guess I could blame my OH as he was working nites for past 4 weeks that means I would get to bed pretty late and then sleep through the day with him.. I guess it could be in my head.. just cozy and comfy when he is around or something like that.
    I have been waking up every hour or two for past week or so to have to go pee.. its kinda weird but I think I mite be getting more sleep when the baby comes along ha ha
    Fingers crossed for all of you that you dont go too far past your due date.. my one is one Tuesday and I am already feeling panic that I will go over....
    Does any of you have any idea how big is the baby gonna be??? I have asked the midwife last Wednesday if she would be able to guess and she did.. if she is right we are already pretty big so I am kinda getting scared that the baby could be too big for me to push it out if I go over due..

I was at Christening today and all I got was oh I think its a girl then the next person thinks it is a boy. Felt great up dancing and all lol.

I had big scan 2 weeks ago and doc reckon it should be 7 and 3/4 lbs today but could be over 8 if i go over.

My Nana said today to me, I don't think you'll be going soon. I was like thanks :(

Fair play to you Bulmersgal for dancing and all.. great you did enjoy yourself.
    Well I was told by the midwife in the hospital that its a nice size of a baby.. she said she would say 8.3 pounds.. thats scared me a lot as its a big baby! When I got my last scan (it was sometime in the end of January) the doc said it looks like it would be about 3.3kg.. this was abroad so this is half a kg more now and I dont want to know what size the baby would be if I went overdue.. a bit scared now to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Still here too, baby was not in distress last scan but it varies so is a waiting game, trying to balance with getting him bigger, he is still very underweight, if we get him to the end of the week that will be wonderful...his daddy and I are totally in love with him but his daddy has been trying to pamper me too.

I feel so bad now after reading your post Cathy.. moaning about the baby being too big and that..
    I am sure you will get your little one through another week if not two...sure we most of us were told we will go two weeks early and all and here we are.. worrying not to go over now :o

I say dancing but it was more sway side to side lol. Ah I'm not going to worry about weight of baby they can get it wrong so easily. Sure didn't hacked get told 6lb ish and her little girl was over 8lbs. Hoping to go soon tho, as baby has had its 40 week :D

Ah Cathy I was just thinking of you, glad to know your still with us. Ur little man must be the most loved little fella in the world. Hopefully he puts on a few oz's and lb's but sure I don't doubt ur not doing everything right. And remember those docs can get the weights wrong in scan. Hopefully he'll stay another week

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Is anyone else having trouble sleeping? Can't blame the baby cos he is great but I'm really not getting decent sleep. His Dad is working loads these days and I think I might be anxious. My Mom says I look really tired too. I've been up since his 4am feed, he was back to sleep by about twenty past but I've only had 2 hours yet. I feel sick with tiredness. Sorry for complaining, I shouldn't. But I know most people don't sleep because the baby is up, I don't sleep cos I'm wound up. I'm loving this time but I can't help but worry. Mr.Gg is a saint and as soon as he is home takes over but the poor man is working 16 hour shifts and I can't ask him to do anymore.

I'm like this! My fella is 8 months old and I'm still like it! I was actually fine for the first few weeks then his sleep pattern went a bit weird and I found myself not being able to sleep even though he was sound asleep because I was worried about him waking up! It's a head wrecker. I've no advice for you but just wanted to say it's normal and you're not the only one.

on another note about distress...

isobel was in distress when i was in prelabour and in quite bad distress when in labour, but she was healthy as anything when she came out. trust the doctors, they know what's what!

Advertisement