Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mothers' Day flowers from RTE

Options
  • 11-03-2010 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭

There is currently an RTE ad on the RTE website offering Mothers Day flowers 'from €27.50'. Not only are there no flowers at that price, only when you go to the next page do you discover that there is a delivery charge to the UK of a few pence short of €25. Mothers' day rip-off indeed. I have emailed RTE to ask them to explain the pricing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

looksee wrote: »
    There is currently an RTE ad on the RTE website offering Mothers Day flowers 'from €27.50'. Not only are there no flowers at that price, only when you go to the next page do you discover that there is a delivery charge to the UK of a few pence short of €25. Mothers' day rip-off indeed. I have emailed RTE to ask them to explain the pricing.
    Link?

also, why would you buy flowers on an Irish site to deliver to the UK?!?
    EDIT: nervermind, found it. You'd be better to email giftsdirect to get an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Because I was thinking of phoning a florists near my mother that I usually go to, when I came across the ad on the RTE page and thought it looked interesting. My quibble is not so much the cost (tho is it a bit much, they are not going to actually deliver flowers from Ireland after all) as the misleading advertising, and invented figures.

As to why I emailed RTE, its because they have 'RTE' all over the ad, they are obviously standing over it, even if they are not picking the flowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Tail Wagger

looksee wrote: »
    Because I was thinking of phoning a florists near my mother that I usually go to, when I came across the ad on the RTE page and thought it looked interesting. My quibble is not so much the cost (tho is it a bit much, they are not going to actually deliver flowers from Ireland after all) as the misleading advertising, and invented figures.

As to why I emailed RTE, its because they have 'RTE' all over the ad, they are obviously standing over it, even if they are not picking the flowers.[/QUOTE

Nice idea and fair dues to you, and at least you'r thinking of your mother on her big day. I'd say if you really want to impress your mother with flowers, send them by Interflora. If you look on their web page I'm sure you could get a nice boquet for about €35 + the delivery charge outside of Ireland....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,569 ✭✭✭✭looksee

RTE responded to me quickly and said the matter would be investigated. Subsequently I got a very courteous reply apologising and saying that the flowers at the price advertised had sold out so the offer had been automatically withdrawn, but the price remained on the ad.

I was offered as a goodwill gesture the flowers at half price. A while later I got another message to say that orders for mothers day were open till Saturday if I wanted to avail of it.

I replied thanking them for their prompt and courteous service, but declined the offer as I had already made other arrangements.

A very good outcome to a minor aggravation.

Advertisement