Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAILWAY PHOTOS - Some light relief at last!

• 11-03-2010 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

Where is the location? Parsi don't answer - please! The correct poster has to, if possible, post their own pic and clue and so on. Photos can be of trains/stations/ signal cabins whatever but NOT personalities please! :D

The only clue here is - CIE/IE never operated trains to this station.

clifden004.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Where is the location? Parsi don't answer - please! The correct poster has to, if possible, post their own pic and clue and so on. Photos can be of trains/stations/ signal cabins whatever but NOT personalities please! :D

The only clue here is - CIE/IE never operated trains to this station.

clifden004.jpg

Cliften :)

clifden-station-house.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Or Clifden even!

Tip: JD, you gave the last one away in the link :D

qr1c49.jpg
    102wi6u.jpg
    34hi41y.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Tip: JD, you gave the last one away in the link :D

As Monty Python said 'What a silly bunt' - will I ever learn - a technophobe to my dying day!! :D

Extraordinary end to Clifden - when the photo was taken the loco shed had a Bus Eireann trespass notice on it. Parsi took the pics in 1992 but I'm sure he has long forgotten them. I reckon the hotel developers have wrecked the place but that is very much a minority opinion. Have you seen Ballynahinch - that's real restoration - I could have had it for 25k Irish pounds back in the mid-1970s.

As Monty Python said 'What a silly bunt' - will I ever learn - a technophobe to my dying day!! :D

Tip, save image in "mypictures", upload it into this and it gives it a new identity. :)

• Advertisement

Try this - should be a dead giveaway but called it x this time. :)

x002i.jpg

Try this - should be a dead giveaway but called it x this time. :)

Looks narrow, West Clare???

Looks narrow, West Clare???

Has County Galway connections.

Advertisement