Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bc2 wont work

Options
  • 11-03-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

can anyone tell me why bc2 wont work

it wont work for me or a few of my friends

is it the internet connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

we got one more here lads. welcome buddy, you can take that chair in corner and wait with the rest of us for the fecking thing to work.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

We'll need a little bit more info than that to be able to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭darraghwalsh100

i think its my internet bcoz it wont connect to the servers

gettin new internet next week so i hope it will work den

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

You get the list of servers but it doesn't connect yeah?

Have you run the BFBC2Updater.exe file to make sure you have the latest version ?

emh nope ha

i only have the demo version

• Advertisement

right iam just giving up now on all this ****. i use updater, i have mine eircom firewall down, windows firewall opened for BC2. internet is at stable 6mbit, and i cant join any server, just get message: could not connect game server, plz check your network...

it should say" our usless network cant handle so many people, but we will blame custumers set ups, while we having a bath in customers money MUHAHAHAAHAHH"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

right iam just giving up now on all this ****. i use updater, i have mine eircom firewall down, windows firewall opened for BC2. internet is at stable 6mbit, and i cant join any server, just get message: could not connect game server, plz check your network...

it should say" our usless network cant handle so many people, but we will blame custumers set ups, while we having a bath in customers money MUHAHAHAAHAHH"

its working fine tbh for everyone else , its clearly a router issue with yourself and EVD.

The download version works fine, but seemingly the retail DVD needs ports opened.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/924856-retail-bfbc2-ports.html

dreamers75 wrote: »
    its working fine tbh for everyone else , its clearly a router issue with yourself and EVD.

The download version works fine, but seemingly the retail DVD needs ports opened.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-bad-company-2-pc/924856-retail-bfbc2-ports.html

for everyone else? right... and all of those people that cant play aswell are just... nvm...

ah yeah, whu should i open ports if all firewall is down completly?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HotSwat

doesn't work for me either.
    ports all forwarded, game re-installed 4 times. Punkbuster updated each time.
    tried it with firewall off and everything. Also tried with all background processes turned off that i could find.

I was guessing it was an issue with my router, but my friend has the same router and it works for him just fine.

I don't get it.

(EDIT) I was in the closed beta (not through steam) but I fully uninstalled and tracked down all the traces of it i could find.
    The game was installed on DVD

i heard that your nat type has to be 1 for it to work that might be stupid but i dont no my nat type is 2 but will be changing to 1 soon so hopefully it will work

• Advertisement

i heard that your nat type has to be 1 for it to work that might be stupid but i dont no my nat type is 2 but will be changing to 1 soon so hopefully it will work
    yes, but port forwarding means that shouldnt make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

What internet connection you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Can you play other games online.....?

MR DAZ wrote: »
    What internet connection you using?
    Eircom 7Mb. (home premium or something, can't remember the exact name)
    My friend has the same connection as me, and lives just down the road. So shouldnt really the the problem i think. He has same router too, but maybe different settings.
    Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Can you play other games online.....?
    I have over 60 games on steam alone that all work online.
    also with over 20 outside of steam.

alot of those games are EA, and I've never had this problem before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah is major weird and nothing more annoying. You are using the Eircom router you say...any chance of testing it with a different one. I know you should not have to for one game but just to see.

Well, I should be getting Magnet Bolt soon, so I'll tell you what happens with a whole new ISP :)

skytel but getting eircom

yes i play mw2 on ps3

Advertisement