Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Error on Saab

• 11-03-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

Got saab hooked up a few days ago and got the following errors:

CODE001: P0090 Fuel Metering Solenoid - Open Circuit.
    CODE002: Exhaust Gas Recirculation - Flow Malfunction

Reset the system but the engine failure light came back on. Did notice before the engine light came on the car was losing power when driving. I thought it was dirty diesel but then engine light came on.

The other day I was driving and the fuel indicator light was reading the tank was empty. Restarted and it was back showing the proper amount. Done it again today. ANy idea's?

Also if parts needed any idea what is needed??

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭AzureAuto

have a nose around the common rail fuel pump in the engine bay. im assuming fom the fault codes that its a turbo diesel, probably the volvo 1.9 lump? There are two solenoids attached to the pump, each with an electrical connector attached to it. Disconnect and reconnect these to eliminate a possible connection fault. look for broken/chafed wiring.
    Power loss could be down to a faulty EGR actuator/solenoid, (these get coked up and either require cleaning or replacing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

AzureAuto wrote: »
    have a nose around the common rail fuel pump in the engine bay. im assuming fom the fault codes that its a turbo diesel, probably the volvo 1.9 lump? There are two solenoids attached to the pump, each with an electrical connector attached to it. Disconnect and reconnect these to eliminate a possible connection fault. look for broken/chafed wiring.
    Power loss could be down to a faulty EGR actuator/solenoid, (these get coked up and either require cleaning or replacing).

Yeah sorry its a 1.9TiD Saab.

Turns out the problem is the following:

CODE002: Exhaust Gas Recirculation - Flow Malfunction

ANyone know how to fix? someone mentioned I may just need to clean out. Is this easy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

This is one of the few issues that affects that engine. Im not very familir with it but as far as I remember cleaning it can be a (most likely) temporary fix, to solve it comletely you may need to replace the egr valve. Maybe try cleaning it first and see how you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

gpf101 wrote: »
    This is one of the few issues that affects that engine. Im not very familir with it but as far as I remember cleaning it can be a (most likely) temporary fix, to solve it comletely you may need to replace the egr valve. Maybe try cleaning it first and see how you do.
    yeah your right I see this problem nearly daily, the car needs a new egr valve, particle trap regeneration and possibly new software for engine ecu depending what version is on the ecu now to stop this happening in future, i work in a main saab dealer and the main problem i see is people getting an egr valve fitted and not fixing the fault as the other two things arent done. by the way there should be a more accurate code number than you gave like p0400-64 or p2239

• Advertisement

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    yeah your right I see this problem nearly daily, the car needs a new egr valve, particle trap regeneration and possibly new software for engine ecu depending what version is on the ecu now to stop this happening in future, i work in a main saab dealer and the main problem i see is people getting an egr valve fitted and not fixing the fault as the other two things arent done. by the way there should be a more accurate code number than you gave like p0400-64 or p2239

How much is a new ERG valve?

Advertisement