Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the 2500 kg limit ?

• 11-03-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭

Found out today if I swap my License for a Dutch license I get the M (moped) and also I can drive a 7500kg vehicle rather than the 2500 kg restriction on an irish license ..

Anyone know when they changed it on an Irish license ?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Do you mean 3500kg limit? ;)

I would think it's something to do when you actually passed your test originally. Call it "grandfather rights" if you like.

I take it you'd be also entitled to the associated EB and EC1? :confused:

[I pass my UK "B" test prior to 1997, so I get amongst other things BE, C1, C1E, D1(101), D1E(101), p (moped) on my UK licence, but those who passed their tests after then only get B and p (122) (need to get a CBT first to validate their moped entitlement), it all sort of ties in with 2DLD (2nd EU Driving Licence Directive)]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

Well you can drive this at 16! and that weighs more than 2500kgs...

brabus_unimog_wallpaper.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,352 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

samsemtex wrote: »

Would you want to - seriously?

God yes...have you ever seen one of these in person? It needs the rollcage though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Would you want to - seriously?

If you worked for the ESB, you might 'have' to ! :D

They just got a fleet of shiney new ones.........lubberly......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Can it be ran on green diesel?

Del2005 wrote: »
    Can it be ran on green diesel?

Yes. They will do 100kph so you can go faster than a truck and off road infinitely better than any tractor/jeep at 16, on green diesel, for tractor tax and insurance and it seats three. And then you go on a road trip to the continent and put the steering on the other side!! Whats not to love!?! An incredible machine.

Unimogs>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Yes. They will do 100kph so you can go faster than a truck and off road infinitely better than any tractor/jeep at 16, on green diesel, for tractor tax and insurance and it seats three. And then you go on a road trip to the continent and put the steering on the other side!! Whats not to love!?! An incredible machine.

If only I had the money:D It would really p!ss off the greenies by having a proper urban tractor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I was this close >< to buying a Hummer H2 recently but I think a Unimog is way cooler, time to start saving ;)

Advertisement