Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy Piseogs

• 11-03-2010 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I was recently warned off going into a graveyard because I am pregnant.
    What other pregnancy piseogs have you heard of....
    Piseogs specifically if possible as I am fascinated by them, many of the the old wives tales such as "don't reach over your head" might seem appropriate but would really be more easily ascribed to an old wives tale that the baby's cord might get tangled around the neck if you reach up thus having a physiological cause (Which it doesn't and it is rubbish).

What I find interesting in this piseog I was warned about is the idea of the dead possibly interfering with the living. Or maybe it is dangerous in case you fall over uneven ground. There is another piseog that says it is bad luck to fall in a graveyard if you are pregnant.

So chat to your grannies and dig out any proper piseogs you can find. My own nana used to say that using her spit to clean the face of a newborn baby was good luck for the child. (Certainly not socially for me it wasn't, going around smelling of nana-spit!)

I am after the ones based in superstition and magic.

Advertisement