Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massive fire

Options
  • 12-03-2010 12:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Fire crews just getting there now. Glen of the downs

edit: it's actually the back of kilmac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

jamegg wrote: »
    Fire crews just getting there now. Glen of the downs
    burning bush, is it

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Yeah driving on n11 coming towards bray it looked like the glenview was up in smoke. Then it looked to high to be glenview... Got to southern cross exit and fire crew joined n11 and off afterthe garage there. Should prob move this to Wicklow now sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭jaffa20

:eek:

This is nuts.

Snow first and now... fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

Is the end now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I saw this earlier from just outside of Enniskerry; it was massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I was up there earlier, took a video and started a thread in AH :ohttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055852522

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Just back from Belfast this week. Loads of fires up the mountains overlooking the city. All started by kids apparently. Was very strange seeing all the lines of bright red working up the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Its authorised Gorse Bush Burning. Happens every year.

A bit later this year, due to snow and rain.

I have family living up there and were informed about it.

Also explained on East Coast Radio this morning.

P.S. Bray Head will be done next week, before anyone starts a Fire on Bray Head Thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Its authorised Gorse Bush Burning. Happens every year.

A bit later this year, due to snow and rain.

I have family living up there and were informed about it.

Also explained on East Coast Radio this morning.

P.S. Bray Head will be done next week, before anyone starts a Fire on Bray Head Thread :)

I thought that too but there were blue flashing light near the edge of the fire, would the brigade be there if they were doing a controlled burn?

Controlled as much as it can be.. but there was some over zealousness last night :)

A few residents up there were packed up ready to leave as it was so close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

Just back from Kenmare. They were doing the same thing. Looked amazing at night. We drove up a sheep trail to get a closer look. It was pretty hairy at times. The flames were over 10 feet high in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

@Blandpebbles, any idea what night they are doing Bray Head? might make a nice photo op

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Would like to know what night they're doing Bray head too in case I can get photos, and so I don't end up evacuating us, the 8 cats & 4 dogs.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

According to a report in Wicklow Times today the assistant chief fire officer, Joanne O'Connor says the bush fires look to have been started maliciously.

Odd, wonder if this is the standard reply when things get out of hand.

Read the article last night. Contradicts the statement made on East Coast Radio last week about the Gorse Burning period being extended and the burners being authorised to do so.

Advertisement