Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Street - woman gets face slashed by 13 year old girl in broad daylight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

that is frightning, turned into animals
    limerick has got a very bad name because of these scumbags
    gone like a lawless country all of its own
    even though i know there are brilliant people , these scumbags have put limerick on the front of news prints wrecked its reputation

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Think you should change title 'woman gets face slashed by 13 year old in daylight'
    Thats what happened not limerick bashing!
    If a dog did that it would be put down.
    Hope they have it on cctv + lock them away.
    The other 2 women were mugged right beside guarda station + thomand park, no doubt there will be plenty of guards around night of match,
    As female i've always felt safe in limerick but am begining to wander am i?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

That entire article is disturbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

As female i've always felt safe in limerick but am begining to wander am i?
    All this scary news makes me want to turn into one of those crazy ladies that watches the world behind her curtains :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

no cctv on john street im afraid. this really really sucks. its a nice street aswell. just another place taken over by scum bags. hope the 13 year old dies of some scum bag related illness that spreads to all her siblings and friends:)

they are not irish
    they are not limerickian
    they are scum
    they do not deserve refuge here
    foreigners should not be discriminated against while we have scobes like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

The thread title is now edited. i heard this may have been the same girl who stole the vans, hijacked a taxi etc, in Garryowen and taunted the Gardai outside Henry street to chase her in the van. A relative of hers was shot dead about 2 years ago, anyone from garryowen would know the scummy bitch well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

The Gardai let things get out of control in this city??? Do people think the answer to this question is yes? or its pure coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

NickDrake wrote: »
    The Gardai let things get out of control in this city??? Do people think the answer to this question is yes? or its pure coincidence?
    YES

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

Jigga wrote: »
    The thread title is now edited. i heard this may have been the same girl who stole the vans, hijacked a taxi etc, in Garryowen and taunted the Gardai outside Henry street to chase her in the van. A relative of hers was shot dead about 2 years ago, anyone from garryowen would know the scummy bitch well

Im from Garryowen i know well who your talking about...vermon is what she is...and she has a younger brother who i hope gets milled some day another scumbag who assaults kids men old people on a regular basis!i actually hate their whole scum/rodent family

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

compass.jpg

Only question is where to go?

• Advertisement

NickDrake wrote: »

In fairness, the absolute, undeniable fact that the Gardaí gave up the Battle for Limerick City years ago is only part of the picture.

- The reality is that the oozing, untreated, ulcerated, sore that is Limerick has developed uncontested while being carefully ignored by just about everybody and now the stench of rotten flesh has become too horrific to ignore and is spilling into Peoples everyday lives - Who would have thought that ignoring a problem indefinitely wouldn't work?????????

The only guaranteed Winners here will be the Gardaí as at the end of the day they are all going to be transferred out of Limerick to somewhere nicer and more pleasant - ie. ANYWHERE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Raiser wrote: »
    In fairness, the absolute, undeniable fact that the Gardaí gave up the Battle for Limerick City years ago is only part of the picture.

- The reality is that the oozing, untreated, ulcerated, sore that is Limerick has developed uncontested while being carefully ignored by just about everybody and now the stench of rotten flesh has become too horrific to ignore and is spilling into Peoples everyday lives - Who would have thought that ignoring a problem indefinitely wouldn't work?????????

The only guaranteed Winners here will be the Gardaí as at the end of the day they are all going to be transferred out of Limerick to somewhere nicer and more pleasant - ie. ANYWHERE

i guess the gardai are not safe from this kind of people either, these would find out the gardai,s home addresses and do damage to their fmilies, our gardai are not armed, so which means they can end up murdered themselves,
    the army should be sent in and round up the lot

goat2 wrote: »
    i guess the gardai are not safe from this kind of people either, these would find out the gardai,s home addresses and do damage to their fmilies, our gardai are not armed, so which means they can end up murdered themselves,

Yeah - You hear them crying about it weekly -

"We can't do our jobs, its getting tougher for us to bank our pay-cheques - HELP!"

- Nah, they're just going through the motions, arresting the odd harmless Sod and biding their time before they fcuk off elsewhere.

I don't really blame them anymore, its a catch 22, thankless sham job, but I definitely can't respect them either.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

goat2 wrote: »

Yes arming the gardai is the solution. We have all seen how effective the ERU are at intimidating people. The cops here are like a gang of their own. You'd regularly hear them bragging about beating up such and such a criminal and getting away with it. Get rid of all the rot in henry street first.

You are all so quick to throw the term "scumbag" or "knacker" around but in reality I think the behaviour of some of the cops here is totally unacceptable. No wonder the youngsters have no respect for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Yes arming the gardai is the solution. We have all seen how effective the ERU are at intimidating people. The cops here are like a gang of their own. You'd regularly hear them bragging about beating up such and such a criminal and getting away with it. Get rid of all the rot in henry street first.

You are all so quick to throw the term "scumbag" or "knacker" around but in reality I think the behaviour of some of the cops here is totally unacceptable. No wonder the youngsters have no respect for them.

I would be delighted to hear of the cops battering these f**kers around Henry Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Innocent people are now getting their faces slashed in unprovoked attacks? This situation has gotten seriously, seriously out of hand. Unless the perpetrator of this horrific crime is dealt with seriously by the law, then what the people of Limerick are left dealing with is close to anarchy.

I came here to study and the truth is, thank God I have actually never witnessed the horrific things that I hear of going on around me. Whereas I have never felt fully safe living in this city, I never actually felt afraid of being out and about either. Sickening as it is to hear about the thugs who dominate this city, I have always felt ok as they didn't seem to bother with the many normal people who try to quietly get on with their lives, in spite of the lawless degenerates they live alongside.

That's changed now. I felt sick when I read that the woman who was slashed was innocent and uninvolved with crime in this city. There is now an anxious feeling of who or what is next and in 2010 Ireland, that is unacceptable and terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Redmal

I was one of the 2 women attacked by Thomond Park and to be fair the Guards were brilliant with me. Unfortunately there were 2 guards literally at the top of the road when it happened to me, if they had come around the corner a few minutes earlier they would have nearly seen it happening. After I had reported it to them they had a paddy wagon and a squad car out looking for him as well as 2 guards on their bikes as well. It happened on the Clareview side and I've always felt safe around there until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

That's a shocking story in the Independent. It's really hard to see what the solution is. Chain gangs maybe? God knows there are enough potholes on our roads and litter strewn beside them.

Redmal, hope you're ok, it's an awful experience to get mugged like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The reality is that the oozing, untreated, ulcerated, sore that is Limerick has developed uncontested while being carefully ignored by just about everybody and now the stench of rotten flesh has become too horrific to ignore and is spilling into Peoples everyday lives - Who would have thought that ignoring a problem indefinitely wouldn't work?????????

Any chance you could get that biased chip off your shoulder and comment on what ACTUALLY happened, and the fact that A SUBSET of the city is deserving of what you glibly attribute to the whole city ?

Yes, there's no denying that this is shocking, and yes the individual responsible should be put down, along with the others who engage in inhuman acts like this.

But I'm fed up of reading you insert the word "Limerick" where the phrase "the scum of Limerick" would be appropriate.

That aside, something definitely needs to be done before the many, many decent people in this city feel completely abandoned, fending for themselves against said scum, and those who read news like this decide that the place is best avoided.

Drug scum doing each other = one less drug scum, but innocent people being attacked by psychopaths should demand immediate action from the powers-that-be. We had promises of zero tolerance that evaporated as soon as the minister that promised them got his first expenses cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Vermin like this are no different to Thompson and Venables,

They should be hunted down, exposed, treated like adults and removed from society indefinitally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Yes, it seems life for more innocent unfortunates in Limerick City is rollin' downhill along with its economy and reputation.The powers that seem to be are obviously paid to merely look on passively as a once proud and vibrant community sinks into a dysfunctional morass

Raiser wrote:

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Any chance you could get that biased chip off your shoulder and comment on what ACTUALLY happened, and the fact that A SUBSET of the city is deserving of what you glibly attribute to the whole city ?

Yes, there's no denying that this is shocking, and yes the individual responsible should be put down, along with the others who engage in inhuman acts like this.

But I'm fed up of reading you insert the word "Limerick" where the phrase "the scum of Limerick" would be appropriate.

That aside, something definitely needs to be done before the many, many decent people in this city feel completely abandoned, fending for themselves against said scum, and those who read news like this decide that the place is best avoided.

Drug scum doing each other = one less drug scum, but innocent people being attacked by psychopaths should demand immediate action from the powers-that-be. We had promises of zero tolerance that evaporated as soon as the minister that promised them got his first expenses cheque.

Unfortunately your whole point falls apart once you read back over what I actually said Liam - I never mentioned, or targeted any Group of People? I just referred to Limericks festering problems and pointed out that our Politicians and Police have championed a cowardly, blind tactic of ignoring our problems which has, surprisingly enough, failed to yield any results while allowing the problem to grow exponentially into something obscene.

Also I think you are simply adding distracting side-points to the actual facts here - I don't care if you want to blame the Left-handers, Atheists or Jewish People - The fact is that if a Mother and her Child cannot walk down the Street in Limerick in broad daylight without being accosted, verbally abused, threatened and then slashed open and scarred for life then there is a problem to be considered.

I think you must be letting your emotional attachments and loyalties toward some romantic notion of Limerick obscure the facts. This is Limerick; What happens in Lima, London, Los Angeles or Lyon doesn't concern me, but what's happening on an almost weekly basis in my home City is gone beyond a sick joke.

Also I think you are simply adding distracting side-points to the actual facts here - I don't care if you want to blame the Left-handers, Atheists or Jewish People - The fact is that if a Mother and her Child cannot walk down the Street in Limerick in broad daylight without being accosted, verbally abused, threatened and then slashed open and scarred for life then there is a problem to be considered.

I think you must be letting your emotional attachments and loyalties toward some romantic notion of Limerick obscure the facts. This is Limerick; What happens in Lima, London, Los Angeles or Lyon doesn't concern me, but what's happening on an almost weekly basis in my home City is gone beyond a sick joke.

That is completely wrong, for a start.

I know there is a problem.

I just object to your comments referring to Limerick as an entity being a cesspit, and your - self-admitted - point that you don't care who is to blame.

A subset of scum need to be dealt with - there's no denying that.

But saying that Limerick is a wreck and that Limerick is an "oozing, untreated, ulcerated, sore that is Limerick" is out of line.

If your sister had a nasty sore or boil that admittedly needed immediate treatment, would you describe her as "an oozing, untreated, ulcerated sore", or would you state the facts that she simply HAD something that needed to be treated ?

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    <CHOPPED>

If your sister had a nasty sore or boil that admittedly needed immediate treatment, would you describe her as "an oozing, untreated, ulcerated sore", or would you state the facts that she simply HAD something that needed to be treated ?

WTF?

- Only answering if its your Sister thats caught the green!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Teddy Chips

This is Limerick; What happens in Lima, London, Los Angeles or Lyon doesn't concern me, but what's happening on an almost weekly basis in my home City is gone beyond a sick joke.
    I don't see why you felt the need to include Lima in your comparison. I find it insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

I don't see why you felt the need to include Lima in your comparison. I find it insulting.

Alliteration purposes??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Was wondering where Johns Street was, looked it up, Google Map below. Thats the street near Johns Square where all the doctors are ...... not rough around there at all. Thats kinda worrying .... I always felt it was safe around there.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=john+street+limerick+map&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=John%27s+St,+Limerick,+County+Limerick&gl=ie&ei=LAmhS4HCC5OM0gSOhKWnDA&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA&ll=52.664294,-8.619354&spn=0.007522,0.022724&z=16

WTF?

- Only answering if its your Sister thats caught the green!!!!!

Nice cop-out.

I asked whether you'd disown / insult her, and post nasty things about her, or if you'd recognise that she just had something that needed treatment.

If you're not prepared to answer, then fair enough. But please don't post ridiculous comments, whatever "caught the green" is supposed to mean (although then again, it might just be a Paddy's Day thing).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Liam, no offence man, but you are really beginning to remind me of this.:D

You pop up all over boards whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about Limerick. I think you protest too much.

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    You pop up all over boards whenever anyone says anything remotely negative about Limerick. I think you protest too much.

There's "anything remotely negative" and there's bull**** or tarring the whole place and everyone in it with the same insulting and derogatory brush.

If you think I protest too much, then we'll agree to differ.

If it were slagging off a country rather than a city, then there'd be accusations of racism flying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement