Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paint Problem or nothing to worry about?

• 12-03-2010 12:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭

About 4 weeks back my other half's '08 A4 went to the dealer for a scratch on the back to be removed. Essentially what happened was they re-sprayed the boot hatch but not entirely I suspect because the other day a mate pointed out a line of paint. I hadn't spotted it before but to be fair it's along the line directly under the Audi badge so I obviously didn't look closely enough. I don't have a pic but it looks like the edge of the paint they sprayed on. Is this normal or does it prove only a section was resprayed? Should I bring the car back to the dealer?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

There is no way the repair should be visible like that. Take it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

^^^

What he said. Sounds like they just did a quick job. Bring it back and demand they respray the whole thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭Compudaro

Thanks guys, will do - unfortunately the dealer's down the country (and I'm in Dub) but worth the trip to get it done

As the two chaps above said, not acceptable. I wouldn't insist on them spraying the entire boot though, often it's a better job if it's blended in with original paint on the same panel, depends on the situation but a clear line that is visable is not on at all.

Advertisement