Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching Ultimate BB11 - General Discussion - Spoiler Free (See OP)

Options
  • 12-03-2010 2:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

DS:
    Big Brother 11 producer Daniel Marlow has told viewers to "expect surprises" from the summer show.

The 2010 series will be the final run of the reality show on Channel 4.

"It'll be a fun summer, that's all we can say at this stage. Obviously Big Brother always aims to surprise both the housemates and the viewers, so yeah, just expect the unexpected," he told STV.

He added: "The thing about Big Brother is it's been a phenomenal show over the last decade, it's probably been one of the best talked about shows on the telly.

"The standard's been set and we're looking to reset the standard, or even better it this year, with this summer's Big Brother."

Host Davina McCall recently told DS that she suspected Endemol would produce a "fresh" final series and "come from a different angle" with the programme.]

A different angle, eh?

I hope they pull out all the stops this year as it's common knowledge they want to sell the show on to other channels.

I'm looking forward to seeing what changes they make.

Here's to the last BB on C4.:pac:

Just to make things clear, there is no need to spoiler any news about what has happened and hasn't been aired yet or anything that will happen.
    Originally posted by Mr E

Rule Change (June 17th, 2010): Big Brother threads on Boards have ALWAYS had spoilers in them. Hearing about things that are going to happen in the next daily show feed the addictive nature of this thread and help build buzz about the show. However, some people aren't happy about live spoilers in this thread. On a trial basis, we are going to have 2 BB threads side by side:

1. This "Post while watching" thread where people can come and talk about BB while the daily show is on TV, and for general (spoiler free) chat between shows.

2. The Live Up To The Minute thread to discuss stuff that's happening during the day while its happening. This covers the live feeds, and news flashes on Digital Spy and the C4 forums. No spoiler tags required here, so enter at your own risk!

Post spoilers on this thread for an infraction. Repeated offenses will earn you a ban.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stickied. :pac:

You're a BB fanatic, Sharpshooter!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Guilty as charged, your Modship.:o

I do find it fascinating though, seeing people under the microscope so to speak and the personalities eventually emerging as to who they really are.

Not who they want you to think they are in the first month.

/I'll stop now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Yay! Here's to BB11!

Can't belive this is the final show.. :(

I wonder if it really will be a spectacular final series? A different angle sounds good.

I just hope they pick a really good bunch of housemates and not a bunch of mouthers who end up being nothing like their audition tapes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,400 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

You're starting it early this year Sharpie, you weirdo !

That press release from C4/Endemol sounds like exactly the same thing they told us before the last few BBs and CBBs, and nothing was really that different.

To be honest I don't see how it can be any different really, the commitment to giving up 12 weeks of the summer means that it'll be exactly the same type of contestants as before, the pretty almost glamour models, the wacky look-at-me-i-am-mad chicks who turn into a crying mess by day 4, the super cool vacuous guys, the token mid-life-crisis 40-year-olds, with of course enough gay non-white non-christian contestants to satisfy C4s desire to be mulitcultural. And the inevitable late arrivees who try too hard and get picked off by the originals.

Same crap interviews by Davina, same pointless tasks where the result has already been decided depending on whether they want to starve them or not, same stupid arguments between the housemates, Davina gurning over a fake love affair. Same stupidity from the producers who never ever seem to take on board lessons from previous series.
    We've seen it before and it'll follow the same predictable script.

Bring it on, I can't wait. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

Looking forward to it already, hope they have an Irish HM to get behind this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

DKZ wrote: »
    Looking forward to it already, hope they have an Irish HM to get behind this year!

An irish HM would be great

Hope there is a definite "bea"- like bitch to hate!!!:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Yeah it's true, they always say 'this will be the best BB to date, full of twists & turns etc' but hopefully they really will to something special this year. I have my doubts tho because I found the last celeb BB to be a load of bs. I think I'm in the minority here but it just didn't do it for me...every week we were promised great things and people raved about the whole Ivana Trump surprise and the fantastic talking tree etc and I found it ridiculous. I felt like they didn't really try..half their advertising surrounded the 'there's gonna be a fight' between Alex & Dane which came to nothing! Of course I still watched it tho!!
    Anyway I'm really hoping they pull out the stops this year...and an irish hm would be good but a likable one would be great!:D

DKZ wrote: »

As long as they are nothing like Spiral, he was just :o .
    An irish HM would be great

Hope there is a definite "bea"- like bitch to hate!!!:D;)

You're right, I loved to hate Bea.:pac:
    greenie wrote: »
    Anyway I'm really hoping they pull out the stops this year...and an irish hm would be good but a likable one would be great!:D

Yes please, it would be great to fully get behind someone who represents Ireland and doesn't let us down.

That is, if we are allowed to vote for them this time.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

As long as they are nothing like Spiral, he was just :o .

You're right, I loved to hate Bea.:pac:

Yes please, it would be great to fully get behind someone who represents Ireland and doesn't let us down.

That is, if we are allowed to vote for them this time.:(

Lol! Spoiral was so funny!

I couldn't stand Seany, anyone remember him? Sooooo annoyin!

Yeah I really hope there is a decent Irish hm this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Do ye know what date it kicks off on???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭XxXciaraxXx

YAY!!! BB is coming back! Feels like ages! Sad it's the final one though, well on C4 anyway! Didn't get to see much of CBB so really looking forward to this!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

I'm a late convert to BB. I only got hooked when watching BB8(?) with the whole Ziggy/Chanel comedy...:D

By the way I hate Brian Bellend(Belo) and Davina comes a close second. other than that I love it...:p

Why oh why did they ruin BBBM with that self loving bint on it though??? Keith lemon was legendary doing it...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Noooo! I hate Keith Lemon, so annoying! It had its heyday when Russell Brand was doing it, never the same after he left. Would have absolutely loved to see Russell Brand doing CBB!!!;)

DS:
    X-Factor stars John & Edward are to appear as guests on the final series of Big Brother, a report has claimed.

The twins will take a break from promoting their debut album this summer to enter the house for a short stay, according to The Sun.

A source told the newspaper: "They will make compulsive viewing. It might be for a night or maybe longer."

The pair were previously tipped to appear on January's Celebrity Big Brother series, but the idea never went ahead amid rumours that Simon Cowell had banned them from the show.

Reports suggest that a number of other surprise guests are being lined up for Big Brother's final run.
    I'm not sure how I feel about this tbh, I don't like them but I know a lot of people do.

I could put up with them if they're only in the house for a day.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Anyone been able to find out when this years is starting??? Channel 4 has been cut off in my apartment since before Christmas, and may have to move before it starts, to a place that has C4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Not sure, but according to this it might be the second week of June.

Just when I'm away on holidays :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to it though. I'd only just been getting into it the last couple of years. Hopefully another channel will pick it up and make a good go of it.

And I found this on DS:
    Last week, DS broke the news that a funeral-themed trailer was being filmed by Channel 4 for the final series of Big Brother. Aisleyne Horgan-Wallace, Brian Belo, Pete Bennett and 'Nasty' Nick Bateman were among the former housemates who attended the top secret shoot, which involved laying to rest the famous BB Diary Room chair. Click along our gallery below for the first official snaps from the event:

Big Brother 11 is expected to start in June on Channel 4.

Here.

Tbh though, it sounds a bit crap.:D

Roll on June for the Final BB on C4.:pac:

I've read that it will be starting on either Wednesday June 9th or Thursday June 17th. A few pictures of the house leaked today, it would appear there's a merry-go-round in the garden? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

June 17 seems very late...I hope it starts sooner than that. I never fail to get excited when the BB eye tantalisingly starts poppinng up before ad breaks :D

Regarding the whole Jedward thing....why?? What on earth would those two obnoxious twits add to programme exactly?

I wish BB would move away from the pointless gimmicks and concentrate more on great characters, great tasks and getting back to what made BB unmissable viewing back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

My friend told me today that it's starting next Saturday...could that be possible???? I was immensely surprised not only that it was starting so soon but that it was on at all. I had it in my head that it wasn't on this year..duh!:confused:

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    My friend told me today that it's starting next Saturday...could that be possible???? I was immensely surprised not only that it was starting so soon but that it was on at all. I had it in my head that it wasn't on this year..duh!:confused:

I'd be very surprised if it's earlier than the first week in June. What was your friend's source?

There's going to be an special on e4 on 22nd May at 10.15-
    "To celebrate the final series of Big Brother, Davina McCall and the British public bestow accolades upon those housemates deemed memorable for all the right and wrong reasons during the last ten years"

Who'll go down in history do you think? Nasty Nick? Jade? Brian Dowling? Makosi? Jade's probably the most talked about down the years.

I'd be very surprised if it's earlier than the first week in June. What was your friend's source?

We were both in a hurry so I was only talking to her for a minute. I really thought it wasn't on this year so I went into a delirium of joy so I didn't think to ask her where she got her info:o. I'll text her now.

We were both in a hurry so I was only talking to her for a minute. I really thought it wasn't on this year so I went into a delirium of joy so I didn't think to ask her where she got her info:o. I'll text her now.

She was probably thinking of that special next week. Anything on DS that mentions it says that it's "expected to air at the start of June/in June".

My bet is the 3rd!

She texted me back and said 'aw...maybe that's what i saw..'(e4 special on Sat):(. I assume she saw an ad on tv. I'm going to throttle her:mad:. She dangled the juicy carrot that is Big Brother in front of my hungry eyes only to whip it away at the crucial moment.

She was probably thinking of that special next week. Anything on DS that mentions it says that it's "expected to air at the start of June/in June".

My bet is the 3rd!

Once I know it's on I'm happy....:). Brilliant! I can't even wait 'til the ads come on with the bb eye.....when I hear the music I get butterflies in my stomach:).

It's definately not on in the first week of June, channel 4 have released their schedule. I predict the 9th.

Over on DS:BB it's rumoured that there'll be an announcement tonight regarding the eye or launch date - hopefully it's true!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

BB 11 apparently starting second week in June:

THE final Big Brother housemates will get the ride of their lives this summer, as TV bosses have put a merry-go-round in the garden.

#bodycopy a { font-size: 12px; }
    Producers want the last-ever series of the Channel 4 reality show to be a thrilling adventure for housemates.

The Big Brother house has been given a makeover before the series starts in just under four weeks.

Builders have installed a brick sphere into the wall of the house, which has prompted rumours it could be a sauna or a love-nest.

And since weather forecasters claim we are in for a hot summer, bosses have also made sure there is a pool at the house at Elstree TV studios in Hertfordshire.

A source said: “Big Brother wants to end on a high so they’re making sure the housemates have a wacky place to stay in.

“As always with Big Brother, expect the unexpected. A ride on that merry-go-round might not be all it seems.

“The housemates could find themselves spinning out of the house.”

Big Brother 11, presented by Davina McCall, 42, right, starts in the second week of June. Emma Willis, 34, and George Lamb, 30, will host spin-off show Little Brother on E4.

Source

I actually thought that too, there was a piece in The News of the World about BB and Brian Dowling hosting Come Dine with Me.
    His dinner guests are supposedly Nadia, Brian Belo, Pete, last years winner Sophie and one other BB winner.

At the end of the article it said BB was starting on Saturday.

But BB always starts on a Friday, so it must be wrong.:pac:

Here is a link to another article about Come Dine with Me.
    A Big Brother special of popular Channel 4 tea-time show Come Dine With Me will air and feature a selection of ex-housemates, our insider has told us.

The show’s bosses are keen to record a special version of the show with ex-housemates of the popular Channel 4 reality show to mark its end on the channel.

Although the show is currently expected to feature ex-housemates, the vision is that all of the series winners would go head to head to cook the best dish.

However, it all comes down to the availability of the winners who are Craig Phillips, Brian Dowling, Kate Lawler, Cameron Stout, Nadia Almada, Anthony Hutton, Pete Bennett, Brian Belo, Rachel Rice and Sophie Reade.

The winners from Big Brother 1 to Big Brother 9 were last seen on the cover of a glossy gossip magazine to mark the tenth anniversary of the show.

What would you make of a Come Dine With Me special? Just imagine Brian Belo trying to cook!

Inside Big Brother – Always Watching!

• Advertisement

"Freederm" confirmed as BB11 sponsor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement