Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia router, disconnects from internet if i try to "forward ports"(custom service)

• 12-03-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

I am trying to forward a few ports for BC2, but every time i click to make a new port, it just freezes and disconects from internet, then connection is back after few seconds.

damn annoying... cant forward any ports manually now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 khye

Not sure if it helps but...

I had a similar problem with the same type router last year, I updated the firmware and it fixed the problem for me.

I had to set the router firewall setting to "Low" also.

(make sure you are using internet explorer when accessing the router config page also as Firefox and google chrome sometimes had problems updating the config pages)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

khye wrote: »
    Not sure if it helps but...

I had a similar problem with the same type router last year, I updated the firmware and it fixed the problem for me.

I had to set the router firewall setting to "Low" also.

(make sure you are using internet explorer when accessing the router config page also as Firefox and google chrome sometimes had problems updating the config pages)

i thinki sorted it m8. i disabled nat alltogether, then it crashed like allways and came back okay. mine firmware is latest allready thought ... :(

Advertisement