Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belmont, Rochestown

Options
  • 12-03-2010 2:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Thinking of moving to a rented house in Belmont, Rochestown. A stones throw from Garryduff sports club. Anyone have any idea of what the area is like ? Looking for the quiet life !

thanks,

Heckler

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭TwilightWillow

Rochestown is a lovely place. But awful traffic wise... If you work in the city, the traffic on the rochestown road will keep you sitting there for half an hour at best... and that before you get onto the link road!

Garryduff is a nice area, quite, regular bus service goes there too. But if you drive just a word of warning that they are starting road works everywhere around garryduff and mount oval this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Belmont, even though it's in Rochestown is a pretty rough place in parts. I went through there on a motor bike once and had rocks and hurleys thrown at me. It's also pretty depressing to having to look at all them unfinished and abandoned houses on the way in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

I agree about the unfinished housing on the way in.

Took a drive up there a couple of nights and didn't really see a soul out and about on the way in or on any of the estates. Just a few people running and walking dogs.Last thing i need now is to be dealing with a bunch of knacker idiots. Anyways lease is signed so whatever will be will be.

I'll have to join the rochestown road to get to work but not the link road. I guess the traffic is gonna be bad though.

Thanks for the replys.

Advertisement