Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fr Ted Fest Oz !!! Its true !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No way. That is awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

lol @ Craggy Inland!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cmclo

Ted Fest Oz was a complete disaster!!!....

Firstly, we arrive down on Day 2, the Saturday morning, only to be told that the night before the local police closed the bar cos people were being too rowdy ... and alcohol was being served to drunk people (which is illegal in NSW and anyone who's been here knows how nazi they are about it)

So we had to go get BYO.. fine..

By the time we get in to our costumes about 5 in the evening and head down the field to the music (where we spotted all of 25 people dancing in front of a stage earlier) we're informed by other festival goers that the police came down again, threathened the organiser that if everyone was'nt quiet by 10pm he would get a $10,000 fine.

So they did a legger.... every organiser completely abandoned ship without informing anyone

No refunds given... No apology....

After driving 5 hours from Sydney to the gig and spending $250 on a ticket they bailed 1 day into a 3 day festival..!!

All 200 festival goers spent the night dancing around a bonfire in the campsite dressed a nuns and priests...

I've never been to anything so disorganised.. it was a complete shambles... you'd think before organsing a festival 10,000 miles away in a tiny rural town you would do some research of the local area and the laws!!!! Sweeten up the local sergeant and the council etc etc... supposedly they did'nt even know about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

cmclo wrote: »

Firstly, we arrive down on Day 2, the Saturday morning, only to be told that the night before the local police closed the bar cos people were being too rowdy ... and alcohol was being served to drunk people (which is illegal in NSW and anyone who's been here knows how nazi they are about it)

By the time we get in to our costumes about 5 in the evening and head down the field to the music (where we spotted all of 25 people dancing in front of a stage earlier) we're informed by other festival goers that the police came down again, threathened the organiser that if everyone was'nt quiet by 10pm he would get a $10,000 fine.

So they did a legger.... every organiser completely abandoned ship without informing anyone

After driving 5 hours from Sydney to the gig and spending $250 on a ticket they bailed 1 day into a 3 day festival..!!

All 200 festival goers spent the night dancing around a bonfire in the campsite dressed a nuns and priests...

I've never been to anything so disorganised.. it was a complete shambles... you'd think before organsing a festival 10,000 miles away in a tiny rural town you would do some research of the local area and the laws!!!! Sweeten up the local sergeant and the council etc etc... supposedly they did'nt even know about it...

Looks like the council knew about it?

http://www.parkes.nsw.gov.au/events/pages/10553.html

I had a feeling it would be a disaster, I'm glad I decided to sit this one out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TheReasonBeing

I was at this event and this statement is untrue. the organisers were present at the event all the way untill Sunday night. Yes there was a police issue that closed down Shebangoes, but there was a large sign placed outside Shebangoes directing patrons to the venue in town that was sourced at the last minute to relocate the nightclub events to. All daytime events went on as normal. All events bar one were completed as per the schedule.
    As for the fact that the organisers bailed this is completely untrue as I spent a great deal of time with these organisers up untill Sunday night at 6pm when I left the festival.
    Yes there was a very unfortunate events with the police that caused the curtailing of some events and the relocation of others but the festival went ahead as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

a friend of mine won a ticket to this and she said it was a complete shambles too, but she said either way she had a good time with a bunch of random people.

hussey wrote: »
    a friend of mine won a ticket to this and she said it was a complete shambles too, but she said either way she had a good time with a bunch of random people.

^ I'd trust this statement over the 1 time poster above.

Hussey can you ask your friend did the organisers actually bail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭duckygalway

^ I'd trust this statement over the 1 time poster above.

which one?!!

which one?!!

I'd trust Hussey over 'The Reason Being'

Granted 'cmclo' is a first time poster, but I can't see why he'd lie (or gain) especially considering there's no competing father ted festival

Only time will tell, did anyone from boards go to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

cmclo wrote: »

first of all, epic fail from you for missing firday, friday was the best night.

They mist of been mixed up with first night. Second night went ahead, complete with lovely girls comp.

I seen the organiser there on sunday morning,
    lol, Tickets were 170 if you asked nice.
    They were dere on day 3
    I agree, great craic. Was more like 300 though

It's 350km or so from sydney
    Obviously the cops knew as they showed up to check.
    Obviously the council knew as they had it on there website for ages before hand.

Pretty much, your post is exaggerated

I do agree it was a bit of a shambles, ****ty music, the bar situation, the events being lit by cars etc, but that was all part of the craggy island charm, and people just went out danced about and had a bit of craic.

If I was asked to describe tedfest, I'd say it was a shambles, but I had a brilliant time.

If you didn't have a good time, you are probably a very boring person. You dressed as Fr. Stone I guess.

• Advertisement

Thanks for confirming that Mellor, looks like it was a good gig after all.

Why did the Police close the bar?
    Mellor wrote: »
    If you didn't have a good time, you are probably a very boring person. You dressed as Fr. Stone I guess.

LOL

I think it was down to the noise, and maybe the lack of security.
    They lost thier events license, so there is a good chance they they had limited time for serving drink. Say they had to close by 12, they didn't so they lost it etc.

Can't say for sure without know all the details, and we'll never know.
    One thing though, wish is was closer to sydney, 5 hours drinking was fine, 5 hours hungover is not nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol at the Fr Stone reference :D

I was seriously considering a trip to his next year. I'm a bit undecided now.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Diddler82

Spoke to a few people who went to it who thought it was a shambles and left on the Saturday/Sunday morning.

Granted I agree these type of things are what you make of them but if something is badly organised I would consider it to be a shambles regardless of how much fun you have.

I was not there and by all accounts I cannot comment first hand, but 5 people out of 5, 2 of which did not travel together or with the other 3 all said it was a shambles it is enough for me to think it is and Im glad I didnt make the trip.

If you pay $170 - $250 to go to an event, you at least expect overpriced drink and some decent music. If that is not there, its just not excusable and I know for a fact all 5 people will be looking for a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Father Damo

In fairness a massively priced event in the arsehole of nowhere far from the main Irish populations like Syd/ Melbourne on a weekend when many Irish were facing at least 2 days off unpaid was never going to attract a crowd (3 for me, fcuking rain today :( ). Should have been held somewhere nearer the cities at an affordable cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hussey can you ask your friend did the organisers actually bail?

Mellor wrote: »

If I was asked to describe tedfest, I'd say it was a shambles, but I had a brilliant time.

This is pretty much what my friend said. She said it was very disorganised but she had a great time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

WTF, this was billed as TED - Fest, ie a Festival dedicated to Fr Ted, the People complaining had seen episodes of Fr ted before they went, Right?

So It was supposed to be organised on the style of a Craggy Island field day
    And People are surprised it was a SHAMBLES, Seriously withthe amount of red tape and double and triple checkin that goes on over here to get anything like that organised, its a tribute to the orgainsers that they managed to get the Traditional feel of a Good ole Irish Shambles about the thing.

it probably would have been a lot easier to have everything sorted and running smoothely, but that wouldnt have been true to form.
    fair Taws to em, I might go meself nextyear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dougal21

I was filming over Tedfest Oz to make a documentary on Tedfest Oz and have much footage but looking for any photos or mobile phone footage with the police on Friday night at Shebangos. If you can help much appreciated . I'm challenging "Recruits" the TV show that I feel will show this incident in the worst possible light. Please help if you can. Please e-mail me on mcguiredougal41@gmail.com

There is a youtube channel which shows some of what happened. This can be found at
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0qvJRm-PU

Thanx - Colin

I was filming over Tedfest Oz to make a documentary on Tedfest Oz and have much footage but looking for any photos or mobile phone footage with the police on Friday night at Shebangos. If you can help much appreciated . I'm challenging "Recruits" the TV show that I feel will show this incident in the worst possible light. Please help if you can. Please e-mail me on mcguiredougal41@gmail.com

There is a youtube channel which shows some of what happened. This can be found at

Thanx - Colins

Thanx - Colinx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Thought I would post this video as it relates to this thread, Courtesy of a few friends who are caught in the background.

and also this other interesting clip is related as well

I may be in a few of them, some friends certainly are

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

My bro is in the first vid above! :D

Advertisement