Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ce medical assessment

• 12-03-2010 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi there, it's my first post, i'm hoping someone can shed some light! I've been on illness ben. for almost three years,with depression, and have recently applied for a ce scheme. I've been accepted for the place (a preschool) and they have been holding the place for me for the last 3 weeks while i wait for an exemption from the dept, who are sending me for a medical assessment next week. I've been told that the purpose of the assessment is to ensure that the work is of a rehabilititive nature, but i've also heard that they always refuse the exemption, only to call you back 6 months later and declare you fit for work. Has anyone had experience of this assessment? I'm taking a letter from my gp with me saying that it's her opinion that the work will be hugely beneficial to me. Is there anything else I can do?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mimi10

Hi, I was just wondering what was the outcome of this? Were you approved for the CE Scheme? I am in the exact same position as you right now. I have been accepted for a CE position and they are holding my place (for the past 8 weeks!) while I am waiting for an exemption. I went for a medical yesterday and explained to the doctor that my own GP recommended part time work of a rehabilitative nature would be appropriate, and he has supported this in writing to the DFSA. I am extreemly anxious about the results and I would love to hear your opinion. Hopefully it was a success for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cakelady

Hiya - it worked out great! I'm working away and delighted! I rang after a few days to find out if I had been approved for it, and they told me I was. I couldn't have waited for it to come in the post! I think the medical assessment was just to see if i was actually able for work, and although he said it was not up to him, I think it was really, i reckon the dept just go with the assessor's recommendation. Hope it all goes well for you, let me know what happens, best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mimi10

Hi, great news this side too. Like you, I couldn't wait to find out and gave them a ring to see if I was approved. And I was....delighted!! I thought the depression was going to hold me back, but in fact it was a plus because I'm now ready to take on the resonsibility of a job and it will help me get my confidence back. So happy to hear that you've started, and I hope it's going well for you. I start on Monday, and can't wait! Take care of you. Mimi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cakelady

that's brilliant news, congratulations! Hope the job is going well. I'm loving mine! My boss told me last week that I will be entitled to 2 years ce-provided I get an exemption again next year, can't see the dept going for it but you never know!

Advertisement