Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arena Tuesdays

Options
  • 12-03-2010 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Anyone go to the arena pick up games at 7pm on Tuesdays? Wondering if theres much interest before I go down.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

Ya ive been up there the last few weeks, its a good laugh, some fairly decent players there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

dose a bus go near enough to the areana from the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

yea, i think the 77a drops you at the gate then walk up. same bus drop you near the back entrance which is a similiar walk then.

i think i may go on tuesday since the seasons over for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

65, 65b or 54a will drop you at the back entrance.. just ask to get off just after the tallaght/m50 roundabout.. then cross the road and walk straight back to the end.. culdesac..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Vinnie K wrote: »
    Ya ive been up there the last few weeks, its a good laugh, some fairly decent players there too.
    How good compared to our Sundays and/or Wednesdays?

• Advertisement

lafortezza wrote: »

well I'll be there for one ;)

Well that means the standard is terrible then! :P

lafortezza wrote: »

to be fair it would probably be alot better.. closer to have a mix of the best of wed and sunday. plus some other good players.

nialo wrote: »
    Well that means the standard is terrible then! :P

whatever nial-o, will you be playing?? or you still retired.

Da GOAT wrote: »
    whatever nial-o, will you be playing?? or you still retired.
    Wont be going out to tallaght.. to far to be bothered. playing in town on sundays and wednesday. only for fun. done with competitive ball..

• Advertisement

ill be heading to this tonight dudes, just look out for the 6'6'' guy.

was a good game on Tuesday, 10 players exactly. Needed the run around.

gonna hit this up again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

i'd be up for this as well
    do i need to register with a club or the arena?
    is there a charge involved

5e pay at the door, 11 people there tonight. good run out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

5e pay at the door, 11 people there tonight. good run out.

Is Tues nights the only night they do this? Are fellas in their late-20s who haven't played since school and who weren't even that good when they did play allowed go?? :D

haha yea, its every tuesday only. I was told tho it wont be on on the 30th march as its either closed or booked for something else. itll be back on then, of course anyone free to come along. im playing to stay fit and have a run around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Ive been there a few times, its pretty cool, decent standard but I hate when its two half court games goin on instead of fullcourt
    havent been there in about 5 weeks, dont think theres many Irish people turning up,
    Im the 6ft 3 Irish guy anyway who wears the headband, will try go next tuesday

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Is Tues nights the only night they do this? Are fellas in their late-20s who haven't played since school and who weren't even that good when they did play allowed go?? :D

ye you should be fine as long as you know the basic rules and have basic skills: dribbling, passing, shooting! theres no players Ive seen that are superstars.
    theres 18yr olds, mid 20's and sometimes a couple of 30+'s

I would have played competitively to a high level when I was younger but do it now when I can just for fun,I wouldnt use the same level of aggression for arena pick up games as its just for a bit of fitness/craic

And its no fun if your the tallest guy and you just post up, take 1 step and lay the ball in for the whole game even tho thats what the other players want you to do!

ye you should be fine as long as you know the basic rules and have basic skills: dribbling, passing, shooting! theres no players Ive seen that are superstars.
    theres 18yr olds, mid 20's and sometimes a couple of 30+'s

I would have played competitively to a high level when I was younger but do it now when I can just for fun,I wouldnt use the same level of aggression for arena pick up games as its just for a bit of fitness/craic

And its no fun if your the tallest guy and you just post up, take 1 step and lay the ball in for the whole game even tho thats what the other players want you to do!

Sounds great, only prob for me is Tues night don't suit. Was hopin to find a similar pick-up game maybe on a Wed night or any day midweek in the AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm in desperate need of a run around. So I might go to this.

What time is it on at?

It's on in the Tallaght Arena right?

im down for any wed or thurs session if someone wants to take inititive ;)

good session tonight, 8 players. 4 on 4 full court, still good game. get down there next tuesday people.

good session tonight, 8 players. 4 on 4 full court, still good game. get down there next tuesday people.

couldnt make it tonite but will try my best to be there next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I completely forgot about this last night.. I got home and went for a jog... :mad:

Lads, I have next Tuesday off work... can you just turn up at this unannounced, yeah?

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Lads, I have next Tuesday off work... can you just turn up at this unannounced, yeah?

yep, its very casual, just turn up pay 5 euro and sign the sheet then play! the players that turn up organise the teams

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

I`ll be there on Tuesday :)

tomorrow people.

• Advertisement

11 people there, any on here make it? good run, my first alley oop too lol :)

Advertisement