Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arena Tuesdays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lkasprzak

I was there :) u r the big guy? in red shirt? Julius? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ha yup the doctor if you will. you're the point guard im guessing.

Da GOAT wrote: »
    ha yup the doctor if you will. you're the point guard im guessing.

No I`m the guy who guard u :) long hair and goatee :)

haha cool man, see you there next week.

I`ll be there :)

• Advertisement

tonight at 7pm peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Anyone goin tomorrow night? Would this be a bad place to make a comeback after a ten-year hiatus from the game? Or is everyone else crap as well?? :)

I`ll go :) this is freestyle basketball - there are some good players. You should come and see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Anyone goin tomorrow night? Would this be a bad place to make a comeback after a ten-year hiatus from the game? Or is everyone else crap as well?? :)

I was good back in the day. You will be absolutely crap after ten years without dribbling a ball! I found that out the hard way :(

You would be fine I'm sure but this game sounds like it's at a little bit of a higher level than the Sunday game in Ringsend. Personally I'm going to that one for a few weeks and, when I remember how to shoot reasonably well, I'll go to the slightly more competitive matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I went down to this last week. Years since I played. The standard is high and I was probably once of the worst there :D

It's still fun and it's a tough challenge because you know how good you can be but your old unfit legs and slow mind just won't do it! Good practice

• Advertisement

Considering I hadn't shot a basketball in 10yrs, I think I did ok tonight - even knocked down a coupla treys... Some good players there alright. Years since I was in the arena, still a great facility.

was good fun, think we went abit too long though without a drink break.

Anyone goin tonight, Peeps?? Count me in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Is it on tonite? I havent been there the past 2 weeks since I twisted/bent my ankle. It blew up to the size of a golf ball when I got home so Ive been resting it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

No ball tonight or next tuesday due to exams being held in the arena.

Vinnie K wrote: »
    No ball tonight or next tuesday due to exams being held in the arena.

Thanks for heads up... Anywhere else on?

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

I was good back in the day. You will be absolutely crap after ten years without dribbling a ball! I found that out the hard way :(

You would be fine I'm sure but this game sounds like it's at a little bit of a higher level than the Sunday game in Ringsend. Personally I'm going to that one for a few weeks and, when I remember how to shoot reasonably well, I'll go to the slightly more competitive matches.

Hey sundays in Ringsend aint no joke...its gotten tougher over the last few weeks.....everybody used to play and the more people have played the better and fitter theyve gotten :) but its a sunday....who wants to play D on a sunday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is this on tomorrow (May 25th?), still exams in the Arena?

yup still exams going on, back on next week though.

wrong :D

we played yesterday - just 7 of us :/ 3-on-3 - but it was fun :) See you people on next week - can`t wait :)

• Advertisement

there was about 16 players last time i was there and we were all told its off for 2 weeks. happy is back on then next week.

lkasprzak wrote: »
    wrong :D

we played yesterday - just 7 of us :/ 3-on-3 - but it was fun :) See you people on next week - can`t wait :)

Ah screw that, as goat said we were told it was off till next week, see you all on tues anyway.

we play today people :) see u there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is this game on this Tuesday the 8th? Still ok for new people to come along?

yea sure, ill prob be back 2m. was away with work, feel so unfit now. no alley oops for me anymore ;)

Count me in tmw lads... What's the start time again??

we start at 7pm - they said last week that its for free today, cause in last week there was some not planned event and we didnt play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

lkasprzak wrote: »
    we start at 7pm - they said last week that its for free today, cause in last week there was some not planned event and we didnt play

Ye I was there for 7.30 last week, I'll try go tonite but Im awake since 4am, might need to nap before then!

Got there early last week, was gutted it wasnt on. Will be there tonight but doubt ill be doing much running, still feeling the effects of the weekend.

• Advertisement

going tonight

Advertisement