Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options
  • 12-03-2010 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭

Opps - it's Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Teaser trailer debuted at the GDC yesterday. And it's a prequel.

All the game-sites have info on it, here's the IGN one:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1077037p1.html

Can we be expecting a role-play game like the earlier Deus Ex games have been, or simple lineal first person shooter? - tyxor

Deus Ex: Human Revolution uses the first Deus Ex game, which perfectly married the first-person shooter and roleplaying game, as its reference point
    We also wanted to ensure that our levels are larger and more open than in Invisible War (i.e. Hong Kong in Deus Ex 1).

In terms of being a Deus Ex game, we keep the core gameplay essence alive: that being a hybrid of action-RPG in which the core gameplay mechanics revolve around combat, stealth, hacking, and social aspects. The gameplay is largely designed around giving the player choices which have consequences; the core values are centered on letting players play the game the way they want.
    Yes. Being a prequel to the original game, our story starts about 25 years before the start of the first game.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

prequels make me cry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Jazzy wrote: »
    prequels make me cry

Couldnt really give a sh1te about a prequel as long as the game is good

its the thought of Deus Ex 2 that make my mind curl up into a fetal position everytime I think of it, at least the developers are trying to recapture what made Deus Ex 1 so special, fingers crossed they keep their promises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

They should stop making movies and put some work into releasing the game quicker. Cuz I wanna play it! There's been no in-game footage, right?

Also, I wonder will the graphics be better or worse than invisible war, seeing as it is the prequel...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That looks cool,is it out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

September I think....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

is this DE 3?

or another game in the same vein?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

Hope they do better than with IW. I couldn't get into that at all.

I remember being blown away by the trailer , the game was a major disappointment in comparision.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Quote from the lead designer "...the original Deus Ex was "kind of slow, There weren't enough exciting, memorable moments. It was aimed more towards a simulation rather than a game experience."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=200006

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The first one I would place in my top 3 games of all time. Great story and atmosphere from start to finish. I really hope they pull it off with this one. DE2 was such a let down, if it's not broke don't fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Burgo wrote: »
    Quote from the lead designer "...the original Deus Ex was "kind of slow, There weren't enough exciting, memorable moments. It was aimed more towards a simulation rather than a game experience."

oh dear that sounds ominous

sweet Jesus why does everything have to be dumbed down lately :confused:

is it a severe lack of an attention span or just lazyness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Burgo wrote: »

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=200006

I can see this now. It will all be cutscreens... NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://kotaku.com/5491602/first-deus-ex-3-screens/gallery/

Looks nice but dont all pre release screenshots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Looks amazing, but what's with the angels? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

First teaser trailer is up too:

http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6253498/?hd=1&tag=topslot;img;1

I know it doesn't show the gameplay, but it still got me all excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

square enix? were they involved before with deus ex?

steve_ wrote: »
    square enix? were they involved before with deus ex?

Nope but they have made a decent game or 2 before. Ion Storm made the original but are now pretty much dead.

never heard of square enix

steve_ wrote: »
    never heard of square enix

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Square_Enix#Video_games

final fantasy uhh 73 i think they on now.

haha i kid i kid, course i know who they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I can only hope combat isn't ripped from the FF series! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Deus Ex: Human Revolution threads merged... lets keep all posts in one place, folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

*bump*
    Full cinematic trailer!

Looks pretty cool, can't wait for some gameplay footage though.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,762 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jazzy wrote: »
    prequels make me cry
    It shouldnt. Prequels can be very good sometimes. Just like Origin Stories. Look at Iron man vs. Iron Man 2 :p Its way more interesting to watch it develop than it is to watch him fart around the screen in a big shiny suit.

Some of my favorite books were prequels, too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Butlerian_Jihad

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Technically:
    Shadow of the Colossus
    is a prequel to Ico.

Looks like it wouldn't be a half bad film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

So cool. The music is excellent. Gameplay please!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BopNiblets wrote: »
    *bump*
    Full cinematic trailer!

Looks pretty cool, can't wait for some gameplay footage though.

With the buget they have they still couldn't find some decent voice actors. Ugh. Developers far too often forget how important voice acting is. Assassin's Creed 2 had fantastic voice acting, first game in a long time that I can say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Seems like a mixture of MGS and the Matrix to me, which makes me happier than a kid at christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Here's a link to some real time screenshots. I imagine they're screenshots from the console version?
    Zillah wrote: »
    With the buget they have they still couldn't find some decent voice actors. Ugh. Developers far too often forget how important voice acting is. Assassin's Creed 2 had fantastic voice acting, first game in a long time that I can say that.
    Well I guess it's in keeping with the first Deus Ex.

I SCHPEEL MY DREENK!

Advertisement