Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,451 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well there's another trailer, detailing the stealth mechanic and how AI reacts to your movements. The AI looks vaguely decent, but the important thing I took from it was that there's another non-lethal weapon other than the dart-gun: the stun gun. I'd still like a baton though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I'm tending to agree with you but let's not forget about the original scandal involving Eidos.

thats not a scandal, it's common practice

i could give you a fairly big ass list of game publishers who do it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Helix wrote: »
    thats not a scandal, it's common practice

i could give you a fairly big ass list of game publishers who do it
    Please do. I'm interested to find out.

well ive mentioned before that mass effect 2 had a similar option in place. 9/10 or wait til its released to run the review

one of the prince of persia games had it, cant for the life of me remember which one

batman had it, but that was mentioned above

was one fairly recently, cant for the life of me remember what it was. fairly big game though, and not a 9/10 title by any stretch

leave that with me

anyway, yeah it happens for a fairly bizarre mix of games. some big and hotly anticipated ones, and some random crap

*edit*

i THINK (read: im not sure) that the last one there could have been duke. im not sure, i dont pay attention to these things when people tell me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

i dont pay attention to these things when people tell me

You should! It's a big deal, it's most tiresome when we don't see reviews before a game is released. Naming and shaming is the only way to stop it!

It's weird that they do it with quality titles...but entirely understandable with Duke.

• Advertisement

my hands are semi tied with the naming and shaming

no problem saying me2 coz that reviewed quite well and the embargo was most likely to stop fùckers like me who hate the game giving it a shìtty score and dragging down the meta critic result. fair enough like

im still not positive if it was duke, its either that or another one i dont wanna mention coz i actually did give it a good score (coz i liked it though, i wasnt told about the embargo til afterwards)

and a general rule of thumb is that if there's no review before a game is released, it's likely crap (plenty of embargos set for launch day now)

if theres only one review out and it's miles ahead of the other reviews in terms of time, it's a bought exclusive (read: the publication or website paid for exclusive embargo breaking rights to pull in traffic/sales)

if a whole bunch of reviews (not just your igns and eurogamers) are out the same day, it's most likely fairly legit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

and a general rule of thumb is that if there's no review before a game is released, it's likely crap (plenty of embargos set for launch day now)

if theres only one review out and it's miles ahead of the other reviews in terms of time, it's a bought exclusive (read: the publication or website paid for exclusive embargo breaking rights to pull in traffic/sales)

if a whole bunch of reviews (not just your igns and eurogamers) are out the same day, it's most likely fairly legit

Nearly every game now though has that embargo. I often read on the eurogamers and igns of this world "Review embargo is lifted Sunday midnight" and they will all have the review on the monday or if its a big big title that night.

Even for the big titles....

joe123 wrote: »
    Nearly every game now though has that embargo. I often read on the eurogamers and igns of this world "Review embargo is lifted Sunday midnight" and they will all have the review on the monday or if its a big big title that night.

Even for the big titles....

yeah they all have embargoes, but the embargoes lift for everyone at the same time in case 3 from my post

in case 2 someone pays for the ability to break the embargo

then theres the original thing we were talking about where you can break the embargo if you give it a certain score

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no problem saying me2 coz that reviewed quite well and the embargo was most likely to stop fùckers like me who hate the game giving it a shìtty score and dragging down the meta critic result. fair enough like
    )

i'm not alone!!

• Advertisement

you're most certainly not

i cant stand it

can see why people like it, but any game where your progress is impeded by a 2 inch pebble is a complete waste of time for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

A 2nd score appears from OPM UK.Pity its a crap enough magazine.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/313581/deus-ex-human-revolution-ps3-review-8/10-in-opm/

haven't played the finshed game but id agree with an 8 based of the early build. will stick up my views on the full game whenever it arrives. if it arrives.

haven't played the finshed game but id agree with an 8 based of the early build. will stick up my views on the full game whenever it arrives. if it arrives.

Meant to put this up earlier but the Game went Gold this week ie is finished.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/313298/deus-ex-human-revolution-goes-gold/

aye its finshed alright, i just dont have a finshed cut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

its a long time since I have been excited by a FPS game, it seems these days all games are the same formulaic boring FPS shooters with there dumbed down mechanics, I must of played the original Deus Ex 6-7 times through to completion

don't think I have finished a game since Half Life 2 due to boredom of modern day shooters, but it does look like they have captured the essence of the majestic Deus Ex

so looks like I may buy this on launch day on the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Auvers wrote: »
    so looks like I may buy this on launch day on the PC
    Have my augmented edition from Amazon on order since the start of December. Really looking forward to it.

For those who know they are getting the game on PC but haven't ordered or are waiting until release might be interested in the Augmented edition on Gamestop.ie for €44. Sure you'd almost pay that much for the regular edition in the shops.
    Also, €32 for the regular edition there too. Delivery is pretty good with this crowd too, usually arriving on launch day, or the Monday after. Sometimes on the Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Out the 26th of August and my birthday is the 27th, told my gf all I want is this game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,854 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So far its got a 94% on PC and a 8/10 on PS3, early look at mags so they have no embargo deal but prob have a large front cover deal.

• Advertisement

PC Gamer review Scans.
    http://gamingeverything.com/?p=6979

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Another new trailer

This one has some good in game footage and gave me a much better idea of what it will feel/look like in game than the other trailers they've had so far.

This, combined with the review GTR63 posted, definitely make me think this will stand up to the original in terms of depth and choice. Well, as much as is possible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

preordered on gamestop for the ps3 for 47 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Anyone else get a strong sense that Jensen's backstory and character are heavily based on Turner from Gibsons Count Zero?

preordered on gamestop for the ps3 for 47 euro

Did you pre-order online or in-store? I've been meaning to pre-order the augmented edition and just wondering is it cheaper to do it online

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Did you pre-order online or in-store? I've been meaning to pre-order the augmented edition and just wondering is it cheaper to do it online

Online,augmented edition is available for the pc only I think and its 41.97 on gamestop.ie and 29.97 for standard edition.

augmented edition is available for ps3 just saw it now on there site.

Yeah, saw it online. Just wondering was that price like an online discount or something. Cause it seems reasonably cheap considering it's got extra stuff.

Definitely be preordering it soon. I cannot wait to get stuck into it

I've started Invisible War in preparation for this...can't get into it at all. The constant loading kills any immersion, it's worse than the PS2 version of the first game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Mr. K wrote: »
    I've started Invisible War in preparation for this...can't get into it at all. The constant loading kills any immersion, it's worse than the PS2 version of the first game!

I'm going to put my flame jacket on and say I actually quite enjoyed invisible war :D I never understood the hate towards it, always struck me as idiotic fanboys getting their panties in a twist.

Stick with it man, you'll most likely enjoy it!

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm going to put my flame jacket on and say I actually quite enjoyed invisible war :D I never understood the hate towards it, always struck me as idiotic fanboys getting their panties in a twist.

Stick with it man, you'll most likely enjoy it!

When someone with such great taste in avatars gives me advice...I take it. I actually downloaded a mod that vastly improved the resolution, so it was looking a whole lot better. I'll give it a play shortly!

Advertisement