Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'm replaying the original at the moment. I

Anyone recommend any good mods for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Human Revolution is a prequel, you should be playing the original after it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Human Revolution is a prequel, you should be playing the original after it! :p

You know I was actually wondering are they going to do anything to kinda explain why the world in the prequel looks so, so much more futuristic :P

For example, there's a lot of shots in that last trailer showing touchscreen kinda tablets instead of newspapers... but there's books/newspapers all over the place in DX1.
    I know I'm just being pedantic, and I'm not complaining cause they look awesome. But it's just weird when you consider it's meant to be a prequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    You know I was actually wondering are they going to do anything to kinda explain why the world in the prequel looks so, so much more futuristic :P

For example, there's a lot of shots in that last trailer showing touchscreen kinda tablets instead of newspapers... but there's books/newspapers all over the place in DX1.
    I know I'm just being pedantic, and I'm not complaining cause they look awesome. But it's just weird when you consider it's meant to be a prequel.

Well, the world was kinda falling apart in the first game, with the Gray Death and all. I'd imagine governments had to cut spending and such, so maybe that sold all of the fancy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Mr. K wrote: »
    Well, the world was kinda falling apart in the first game, with the Gray Death and all. I'd imagine governments had to cut spending and such, so maybe that sold all of the fancy stuff!

Nice theory :P That's something they could definitely make a case for. Or else maybe New York and such isn't the high tech augmentation hub like Detroit and such. In fact I think in Deus Ex 1 there's a mention (coincidentally I think it's in one of the papers) that only some cities see the benefit of the high tech industry/technology and that many areas are left behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Won't embed so if anyone wants to fix it but here's the latest trailer. Can't wait for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dGOVhmEY6A&sns=em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

joe123 wrote: »
    Won't embed so if anyone wants to fix it but here's the latest trailer. Can't wait for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dGOVhmEY6A&sns=em

here you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Dr.Poca wrote: »

It's kind of like the Star Wars prequels in that respect

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Burgo wrote: »
    here you go.

If i wasn't before now, i'm sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Yeah looks very promising. I wasn't that excited about it before now but that trailer definitely got the hooks in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I actually didn't like that trailer. Well, no i liked the clips but i didnt like the voiceover. The previous trailers were much better i thought.

Definitely a day 1 buy though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I finally snapped and bought this in Steam last night...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's only like.. 30 euro from gamestop.ie, they take laser and they say youll get it on the day

will never understand buying new games on steam.. soooo expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I went from this:
    Sarky wrote: »
    A brown-coloured cover-based shooter with a gruff protagonist that drags you into 3rd person with every other button press? I think I just wet myself with excitement.

... to pre-ordering the collector's edition and starving for a month due to having an untouchable lump of money on my 3V card waiting for Amazon to make the transaction.

Gripes about the 3rd person/takedown stuff aside, it's looking intelligent, pretty and about as open-ended as the original and true to the setting. Reviews seem to agree on the boss fights being a sh*t sandwich, so I'm resigned to it being not as amazing overall as Deus Ex, but it honestly looks like it'll be almost as good.

Also, I must have the soundtrack. That is some bloody gorgeous music right there.

Just get a Steam key on G2Play.net. Currently priced at $37 (roughly €26), and can be activated perfectly in Steam.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Steam-Key.html

Just get a Steam key on G2Play.net. Currently priced at $37 (roughly €26), and can be activated perfectly in Steam.

http://www.g2play.net/store/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Steam-Key.html

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

it's only like.. 30 euro from gamestop.ie, they take laser and they say youll get it on the day

will never understand buying new games on steam.. soooo expensive.

I live in the UK so I'm not price gouged.

£29.99 = €34.53

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bastard
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Razleavy

I can't find the Collector's Edition on gamestop.ie anymore, any idea what's up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Razleavy wrote: »
    I can't find the Collector's Edition on gamestop.ie anymore, any idea what's up?
    Must have sold out of their collector's edition quota. They have it on the hut/zavvi and amazon, although the PC edition seems to be absent from Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

if you are playing the original Deus Ex games before Human comes out, this mod was just released for the original game and weighs in at 1,541.12mb

http://www.moddb.com/mods/deus-ex-new-vision/downloads/new-vision-version-10

must dust off my old copy tonight and give this a shot

Is that a graphic overhaul mod? If so, i might give it a go as well. Been meaning to play it through again recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Kiith wrote: »
    Is that a graphic overhaul mod?.

yeah but I don't know if it includes player models or just the environment

Kiith wrote: »
    Is that a graphic overhaul mod? If so, i might give it a go as well. Been meaning to play it through again recently.
    Looks as though it's simply a texture overhual. Kotaku are saying that 75% of the world textures have been replaced. Lighting hasn't been touched in this mod as far as I'm aware.

Anyone know if this should work alright with other mods? i.e. lighting ones etc

Razleavy wrote: »

It just dawned on me that the CE is just the Augmented Edition with the figure. I'm not sure it's worth an extra £40; those Play Arts figures are nice, but way overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Mr. K wrote: »
    It just dawned on me that the CE is just the Augmented Edition with the figure. I'm not sure it's worth an extra £40; those Play Arts figures are nice, but way overpriced.

And I'm sure you could get one on Ebay after a while for much cheaper.

I didn't bother with even the augmented version myself. Picked the regular one up on CDWow for €29.99 which I'm happy enough with.

And I'm sure you could get one on Ebay after a while for much cheaper.

I didn't bother with even the augmented version myself. Picked the regular one up on CDWow for €29.99 which I'm happy enough with.
    Ordered my Aug Ed ages ago off of Amazon and since then the price went as low as £25. So I'm only paying less than €30 for my Aug Ed for the PC. Cant argue with that can I?

Ordered my Aug Ed ages ago off of Amazon and since then the price went as low as £25. So I'm only paying less than €30 for my Aug Ed for the PC. Cant argue with that can I?

Jeepers, the CE is £90 on Game.co.uk!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant wait for this,2 weeks to go ya?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Out Tuesday 23rd in America. The Friday everywhere else.

Ive the Aug edition pre ordered for ages now from play.com. Anyone know will I have it day of release with them or could I be waiting a while?

Advertisement