Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,270 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

joe123 wrote: »
    Out Tuesday 23rd in America. The Friday everywhere else.

Ive the Aug edition pre ordered for ages now from play.com. Anyone know will I have it day of release with them or could I be waiting a while?

You wont be getting that on release day, thats for sure

you'll probably get it 31st Aug -2nd of September

I just hate the waiting for this game. Im fair bored at the moment with games and need somthing to brighten me up.

Anyone know what gamestop.ie are like for postage?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Out Tuesday 23rd in America. The Friday everywhere else.

Ive the Aug edition pre ordered for ages now from play.com. Anyone know will I have it day of release with them or could I be waiting a while?
    It all really depends on how soon the ship it to you, and what happens it once it leaves the Channel Islands. I've had packages get shipped via Sweden from them.

My guess is, you'll be lucky to have it by the following Friday. You never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Headshot wrote: »

I just hate the waiting for this game. Im fair bored at the moment with games and need somthing to brighten me up.

What!? Have you used them before?

What!? Have you used them before?

Yes I use to use them alot but I dont bother with them anymore because of the slow postage and taking the piss with the currency conversion

Brilliant. Never had a problem with them at all. For the €2 you almost certainly, with a few exceptions, will get it on release day or before(not too often). If you go for the €5.50 shipping you'll get it the day before launch, usually, since it's couriered.

• Advertisement

Brilliant. Never had a problem with them at all. For the €2 you almost certainly, with a few exceptions, will get it on release day or before(not too often). If you go for the €5.50 shipping you'll get it the day before launch, usually, since it's couriered.

I did the 5.50 one :D

thanks kearneybobs

Ah jesus im sickend now. Anyone know how easy it is to cancel an order with Play.com?

Ive been waiting so long for this game I think id loose the plot if i was waiting weeks after its release....

Whats the best Play.com deliver it by and whats the worst I would be looking at?

I did the 5.50 one :D

thanks kearneybobs
    No problem. I'd recommend them highly. Never had a problem with them. Top quality service, fast delivery and some pretty competitive prices to boot.

Ah jesus im sickend now. Anyone know how easy it is to cancel an order with Play.com?

Ive been waiting so long for this game I think id loose the plot if i was waiting weeks after its release....

Whats the best Play.com deliver it by and whats the worst I would be looking at?

Should of ordered with Amazon (they are brilliant)

Is there an option to cancel it in your play.com account?

best 1 week, worse 2 weeks

Im a betting man so I reckon you'll get it on the 2nd September

Going to check now. If I can cancel it would you suggest Amazon or gamestop.ie?

I like the sound of the day before plus its 5 euro cheaper with delivery compared to play.com

• Advertisement

Going to check now. If I can cancel it would you suggest Amazon or gamestop.ie?

I like the sound of the day before plus its 5 euro cheaper with delivery compared to play.com

Id go for gamestop since they got a glowing reference from kearneybobs

Id go for gamestop since they got a glowing reference from kearneybobs
    Gulp! :o :pac:
    They've never let me down.

Right theres a "cancel order" button beside my order, but I cant find anywhere does it state that I will be refunded or not. Anyone here ever cancel an order on play.com?

With amazon

if you pick the good postage (not the free one even thou its right good) you'll get it Monday or Tuesday following the release

Man I love amazon :)

i cant wait for this game. I got the collector edition for it too. I hope it blows my pc away :D

Right theres a "cancel order" button beside my order, but I cant find anywhere does it state that I will be refunded or not. Anyone here ever cancel an order on play.com?

I cant remember since its been along time since iv used them but Id bet they only take money once its shipped (depending on payment of course)

Yeah, what Headshot said.
    They wont charge your card until it's dispatched, so there's no money to refund, yet. Cancel away. Sure, dont order the Gamestop.ie/Amazon one until you know it's been cancelled with play.com.

Ok play.com is cancelled!

Going to go with gamestop.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Ordered my Aug Ed ages ago off of Amazon and since then the price went as low as £25. So I'm only paying less than €30 for my Aug Ed for the PC. Cant argue with that can I?

That's pretty decent, I'll have to check out Amazon in future. The free postage over €25 counts on games, doesn't it?

The reason I didn't get it wasn't price though, just didn't want any of the aug edition stuff. If I like the canon enough, I'd usually splash out, Retrbution for example.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll pick it up in a shop, as i don't want to have to wait for delivery.

That's pretty decent, I'll have to check out Amazon in future. The free postage over €25 counts on games, doesn't it?

The reason I didn't get it wasn't price though, just didn't want any of the aug edition stuff. If I like the canon enough, I'd usually splash out, Retrbution for example.
    I had originally bought it for £34. But since the price dropped, only briefly to £25, I now pay £9 less than I thought I would have paid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You know if your order from amazon and pick the super expensive delivery method will you actually get it on release day?

You know if your order from amazon and pick the super expensive delivery method will you actually get it on release day?
    To be honest I haven't got a clue, but my instinct says yes.
    Is it really work paying an extra £20 for the expensive delivery option?
    I just changed my delivery type there from Super Saver-->Standard (£6 more) and even tried out the Express (£20 more than supersaver)
    That really is a lot to be paying for delivery of a game. I'd sooner get the bus into town to ensure I get it on launch day instead of paying £20 over the top.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

To be honest I haven't got a clue, but my instinct says yes.
    Is it really work paying an extra £20 for the expensive delivery option?
    I just changed my delivery type there from Super Saver-->Standard (£6 more) and even tried out the Express (£20 more than supersaver)
    That really is a lot to be paying for delivery of a game. I'd sooner get the bus into town to ensure I get it on launch day instead of paying £20 over the top.

haha ya tis indeed alot,I was just wondering would it actually get to ya for release day.

This is shaping up to be on hell of a game. Read somewhere cant remember what website but the article stated how they have an embargo untill release day but he said already its shaping up to be a game of the year contender.

The Beta was excellent. (Bar the ****ty take downs/lack of melee button)

Two more review scores are in. Gamesmaster gave it 94 and some Finnish magazine 91.

So far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,829 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TBH I can only afford either Deus Ex or Dead Island and was leaning towards dead island but the more I see of these reviews, now i'm leaning towards Human Revolution.

Anyone have any scans of the new reviews?

Uh OHHHHH. I MIGHT be in a spot of trouble here lads.

So, it turns out the Square Enix/Eidos have gone and done a stupidly annoying thing and gone and region locked the game ON PC!!!.

Not really too sure what that means for me since I bought mine from Amazon in the UK but someone in the thread did post a list of the regions that they got from them via email.
    Here's the regions, according to the OP in the thread
    I emailed square and this is how the regions and the various versions that are being released work together.

Languages - English
    Release Region - UK Only
    Steam Account Region - UK Only

Languages - English
    Release Region - Outside of UK
    Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - FIGS*
    Release Region - Outside of UK
    Steam Account Region - EU, but NOT UK, Russia or Poland

Languages - RP**
    Release Region - Russia/Poland
    Steam Account Region - Russia/Poland Only

* French, Italian, German, Spanish
    ** Russian, Polish

Not looking good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Uh OHHHHH. I MIGHT be in a spot of trouble here lads.

So, it turns out the Square Enix/Eidos have gone and done a stupidly annoying thing and gone and region locked the game ON PC!!!.

Not really too sure what that means for me since I bought mine from Amazon in the UK but someone in the thread did post a list of the regions that they got from them via email.
    Here's the regions, according to the OP in the thread

Not looking good.

Mmm the retail box codes for the russian and UK (for some reason) versions are region locked on Steam alright. Which may be a fuppin big problem because Steam is about the one international retailer on earth that doesn't just lump us in with the UK (Mores the pity).

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showpost.php?p=1649456&postcount=71

Edit: Guess I have made up my mind about buying of D2D now. May be an option if you can still cancel (I'd wait a few day, it may change if enough of a fuss is made.).

• Advertisement

Did anyone else preorder from gamestop online?can you tell me what the dispatch date is?its says 26th on mine :O

Advertisement